Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Riddle

Riddle

Bob H

A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the English
language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE
knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them
everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word.
What is it? _______gry?

Barney

"Bob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!
>
> This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the English
> language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE
> knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them
> everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word.
> What is it? _______gry?

'the English language'

language

°Mike°

YAWN!
http://www.word-detective.com/gry.html

On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:54:11 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Bob H scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Stickems

The answer is 'language'.

"Bob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!
>
> This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the English
> language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE
> knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them
> everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third

word.
> What is it? _______gry?

Phil

language ends with "gry"? - - Not on in my world it doesn't.

Phil
"Stickems" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> The answer is 'language'.
>
> "Bob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!
> >
> > This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the English
> > language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry.

EveryONE
> > knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses

them
> > everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third

> word.
> > What is it? _______gry?

Trent SC

http://www.word-detective.com/gry.html

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c85m36$gb8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> language ends with "gry"? - - Not on in my world it doesn't.
>
> Phil
> "Stickems" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > The answer is 'language'.
> >
> > "Bob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!
> > >
> > > This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the English
> > > language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry.

> EveryONE
> > > knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses

> them
> > > everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third

> > word.
> > > What is it? _______gry?

Phil

"Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T3tpc.3553$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> http://www.word-detective.com/gry.html
>
> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c85m36$gb8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > language ends with "gry"? - - Not on in my world it doesn't.
> >
> > Phil
> > "Stickems" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > The answer is 'language'.
> > >
> > > "Bob H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

English

> > EveryONE

> > them

third
> > > word.

Thanks Trent........ !!!!!

Phil

tigercat

at the end of this link's article it says, that the 2nd and 3rd sentence
make it obvious that the answer is "language". i see no reason whatsoever
from these sentences that this is obvious or true. also, i don't believe
it's correct to say "that everyone uses "them" everyday", in referring to
the word language. i don't think it's correct to use "them" in referring to
language, but i also don't pretend to be a scholar [and my highschool
teachers would concur].

also, "gry" has nothing to do with the word language being the answer, so
either there's no sensible answer, or we just haven't heard it yet. but
since many people have waisted way too much time on this silly riddle with
no known effective results, i have to conclude that this is a puzzle without
an answer, at least not any satisfying one.

> YAWN!
> http://www.word-detective.com/gry.html
>

> On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:54:11 -0400, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Bob H scrawled:
>
> >A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!
> >
> >This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the English
> >language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry.

EveryONE
> >knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them
> >everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third

word.
> >What is it? _______gry?
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim

"tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> at the end of this link's article it says, that the 2nd and 3rd sentence
> make it obvious that the answer is "language". i see no reason whatsoever
> from these sentences that this is obvious or true. also, i don't believe
> it's correct to say "that everyone uses "them" everyday", in referring to
> the word language. i don't think it's correct to use "them" in referring

> language, but i also don't pretend to be a scholar [and my highschool
> teachers would concur].
>
> also, "gry" has nothing to do with the word language being the answer, so
> either there's no sensible answer, or we just haven't heard it yet. but
> since many people have waisted way too much time on this silly riddle with
> no known effective results, i have to conclude that this is a puzzle

without
> an answer, at least not any satisfying one.

The answer is in the *lack* of punctuation: /There are three words in the
English language/ SHOULD have been written with quotes around "the English
language". Thus, the third word in "the English language" is *language*. And
yes, if you write, talk, or listen to anything, you too use it everyday.

http://www.dict.org/gry.html

http://www.ipl.org/div/farq/gryFARQ.html

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_g...ry_hungry.html

Riddle me this Sharp Tool Java 29 11-10-2005 12:20 PM
A riddle with generics, cannot get it to work. HK Java 0 07-13-2005 02:50 PM
Riddle me this javascript please. Big Bill HTML 33 10-07-2004 11:04 PM
Database Results Riddle magmike HTML 18 08-08-2004 05:53 PM
Re: Riddle Me Computer Support 0 05-15-2004 07:48 PM

Advertisments