Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Full screen in Windows Media Player

Full screen in Windows Media Player

Debbi

I have Windows Media Player 9.00, but cannot get it to play true full
screen. When I click on the little arrow in the bottom right it goes to a
sort of full scren, but still shows the controls at the bottom. If I click
on the "Pushpin" in the top left and select either "Autohide the full screen
controls" or "Always show the full screen controls", it makes no difference.
In the old media player, if you moved the mouse off the bottom of the
screen, or did not move it for a minute or so, it would go full screen
(Assuming autohide & full screen selected) Anyone got any ideas, or has
media player 9.00 been changed. I have looked in all help files and found
nothing..

Debbie

Bud Light

"Debbi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:906pc.77$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have Windows Media Player 9.00, but cannot get it to play true full
> screen. When I click on the little arrow in the bottom right it goes to a
> sort of full scren, but still shows the controls at the bottom. If I

click
> on the "Pushpin" in the top left and select either "Autohide the full

screen
> controls" or "Always show the full screen controls", it makes no

difference.
> In the old media player, if you moved the mouse off the bottom of the
> screen, or did not move it for a minute or so, it would go full screen
> (Assuming autohide & full screen selected) Anyone got any ideas, or has
> media player 9.00 been changed. I have looked in all help files and found
> nothing..
>
> Debbie

Right click in the play area. Select "Full Screen" option. Don't move your
mouse. Enjoy a full screen experience.

John Holmes

Debbi came up with this:

> I have Windows Media Player 9.00, but cannot get it to play true full
> screen. When I click on the little arrow in the bottom right it goes
> to a sort of full scren, but still shows the controls at the bottom.
> If I click on the "Pushpin" in the top left and select either
> "Autohide the full screen controls" or "Always show the full screen
> controls", it makes no difference. In the old media player, if you
> moved the mouse off the bottom of the screen, or did not move it for a
> minute or so, it would go full screen (Assuming autohide & full screen
> selected) Anyone got any ideas, or has media player 9.00 been
> changed. I have looked in all help files and found nothing..
>
> Debbie

Hold the alt key and press enter.

--
-John Holmes-