Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Writing Collaboration?

Re: Writing Collaboration?

anthonyberet

Whisker Wilde wrote:
<snip>
> I want to write a play based on the recent execution of American
> war-profiteer and oppressor Nick Berg.

From reading about Nick Berg, in trying to find out what he was actually
doing in Iraq I cannot now say that he was a war profiteer.

Check this out, about half way down this page, which is a listing of people
who had registered their opposition to the invasion of Iraq, is Michael S
Berg, who is Nick's father.

Michael was Nick's business manager, running his company 'Prometheus Methods
Tower Service Inc', and it seems likely therefore that he approved of his
son's two trips to Iraq to get work repairing communications towers.

Here is what Michael has to say according to CNN:

"That's really what cost my son his life was the fact that the U.S.
government saw fit to keep him in custody for 13 days without any of his due
process or civil rights and released him when they were good and ready."

The interviewer asked, "Do you really blame Donald Rumsfeld for your son's
death? And will you do anything in addition to that lawsuit you had filed?"

Michael Berg responded, "It goes further than Donald Rumsfeld. It's the
whole Patriot Act, it's the whole feeling of this country that rights don't
matter anymore because there are terrorists about.

"Well, in my opinion 'terrorist' is just another word like 'communist' or
'witch,' and it's a witch hunt, and this whole administration is just
representing something that is not America, not the America I grew up in."

Source:http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/12/iraq.berg/

Maybe this is tin-foil hat territory, but it has to be noted that Nick is
shown in the video wearing an apparently US-issued orange prison jumpsuit.

Odd that.
--
Things are more like they used to be than they are now.
anthonyberet

Dave D

"anthonyberet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40a4bef1$0$6328$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Whisker Wilde wrote:
> <snip>
> > I want to write a play based on the recent execution of American
> > war-profiteer and oppressor Nick Berg.
> >

> From reading about Nick Berg, in trying to find out what he was actually
> doing in Iraq I cannot now say that he was a war profiteer.
>
> Check this out, about half way down this page, which is a listing of

people
> who had registered their opposition to the invasion of Iraq, is Michael S
> Berg, who is Nick's father.
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1092851/posts
>
> Michael was Nick's business manager, running his company 'Prometheus

Methods
> Tower Service Inc', and it seems likely therefore that he approved of his
> son's two trips to Iraq to get work repairing communications towers.
>
> Here is what Michael has to say according to CNN:
>
> "That's really what cost my son his life was the fact that the U.S.
> government saw fit to keep him in custody for 13 days without any of his

due
> process or civil rights and released him when they were good and ready."
>
> The interviewer asked, "Do you really blame Donald Rumsfeld for your son's
> death? And will you do anything in addition to that lawsuit you had

filed?"

> Michael Berg responded, "It goes further than Donald Rumsfeld. It's the
> whole Patriot Act, it's the whole feeling of this country that rights

don't
> matter anymore because there are terrorists about.
>
> "Well, in my opinion 'terrorist' is just another word like 'communist' or
> 'witch,' and it's a witch hunt, and this whole administration is just
> representing something that is not America, not the America I grew up in."
>
> Source:http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/12/iraq.berg/
>
> Maybe this is tin-foil hat territory, but it has to be noted that Nick is
> shown in the video wearing an apparently US-issued orange prison jumpsuit.
>
> Odd that.
> --

I've just seen the video (there's a link at
http://www.polizeros.com/2004/05/12.html ) and it does look rather
suspicious.

It is the most sickening thing I've ever seen and I've seen some bad stuff.
The audio runs out of sync with (ahead of) the video and his screams start
before the actual beheading which adds to the chill factor.

I have little doubt the actual beheading is genuine, but the question is who
did it. Anyone who can slowly hack off the head of a defenceless human being
like that have hopefully booked their place in hell for eternity.

Dave

Writing a program to create a wireless connection. =?Utf-8?B?bWJvd3llckBwdXJkdWUuZWR1?= Wireless Networking 1 10-05-2005 12:59 PM
writing email problems? Bri Firefox 1 05-12-2005 03:03 AM
Unhandled exception in FileStream when writing to a full disk - bug in framework? Amit ASP .Net 8 08-04-2003 03:34 PM
A failure occurred writing to the resources file. Access is denied. -- RESX file is locked? -- WHY? Mark Kamoski ASP .Net 1 07-04-2003 12:02 PM

Advertisments