Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows NT won't let DOS program use printer

Windows NT won't let DOS program use printer

Happy@Camper.Com

I use a Win NT at work. I wrote a DOS program that keeps information
that is work related. The program has worked fine for many years, so
the problem is not the program. Part of the program prints out information
stored in the database.

Here is what happened. The program goes thru the process of sending
the information, and the data does go into the printer spool. The spool
shows the data coming in, and then shows that the printer is printing.
But nothing comes out of the printer.

The printer is working. I tested it by sending several files using Win
programs. But DOS programs won't go thru, even thou the printer
spool is showing that it is.

I checked, and the system is set up to allow DOS printing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

°Mike°

Is it a shared printer, and if so is it being redirected correctly?

Have you tried using a different DOS program, to test
that it is not your program at fault?

On Thu, 13 May 2004 20:13:41 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim

"MrB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You have to love him. (sorry for the top-posting, it is my preference)

No, you *DON'T* have to love him. And thanks to you leaving his sickening
drivel in your post, it made it's way into *MY* computer even though he's
kill-filed. And now, so are you, dipwad!

*plonk*

MrB

Toolman,
Sorry about that. I guess you won't see this. Dipwad? ****tard? I thought I
knew all of the nasty words, but I am still learning.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...