Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WIn XP leftover fax seems to try dialing out

WIn XP leftover fax seems to try dialing out

Ike Milligan

My computer tries to dial out even when I am talking on the line, and then
beeps on the line like a fax machine. Removed the fax services and now get
an error meesage about no default mail handler or something like that on
startup. Problem seems to have started when I mistakenly printed to the
Windows fax from a Word file when I meant to fax it from another utility.
Windows Fax sucks, eh?

Linda

Is this the same problem that you posted earlier today or
are you just having a really bad day?

"Ike Milligan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message
news:n0Joc.7985$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> My computer tries to dial out even when I am talking on

the line, and then
> beeps on the line like a fax machine. Removed the fax

services and now get
> an error meesage about no default mail handler or

something like that on
> startup. Problem seems to have started when I mistakenly

printed to the
> Windows fax from a Word file when I meant to fax it from

another utility.
> Windows Fax sucks, eh?

Ike Milligan

"Linda" <somewhere.in.the@barossa> wrote in message
news:1XKoc.36449$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this the same problem that you posted earlier today or
> are you just having a really bad day?
>
> "Ike Milligan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in message
> news:n0Joc.7985$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > My computer tries to dial out even when I am talking on

> the line, and then
> > beeps on the line like a fax machine. Removed the fax

> services and now get
> > an error meesage about no default mail handler or

> something like that on
> > startup. Problem seems to have started when I mistakenly

> printed to the
> > Windows fax from a Word file when I meant to fax it from

> another utility.
> > Windows Fax sucks, eh?

A clarification of the same problem and I'll have a better day when I
understand it.