Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Adobe PageMaker - fonts disappeared!

Adobe PageMaker - fonts disappeared!

°Mike°

Please adjust your TimeZone and/or clock.
You are posting from the future.

On Wed, 12 May 2004 22:40:13 +0100, in
<Onwoc.5511$(E-Mail Removed)>
Caroline scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Caroline

Hi

Before I post on the Adobe forum, I wondered if anyone has come across this
problem before?

I am working in PageMaker when suddenly all fonts in fonts folder have
disappeared and my layout is completely messed up. It has substituted all
my lovely fonts to Courier! On the substitute fonts box, there are only
about 5 fonts in there, when there should be 100s.

According to the help manual, this can happen when you cut and paste text
from another application, which I did. Only problem is it does not tell you
how to get them back!

I could start it all over again, but the fonts folder still has only a few
fonts in it, although it had 100s before. There seems to be no 'import
fonts' or anything like that to get the fonts back. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Cryogenic-©

> Please adjust your TimeZone and/or clock.
> You are posting from the future.

Says sergeant Netcop himself.

°Mike°

Are you over 16, do you suck cock, do you swallow?

"Caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:N3Joc.7449$(E-Mail Removed)
> Adjusted time clock - now, can anyone help with my query?
>
> "-Cryogenic-©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) y...
>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Please adjust your TimeZone and/or clock.
>>> You are posting from the future.

>> Says sergeant Netcop himself.

Next:
<fix your top-posting>

Caroline

Adjusted time clock - now, can anyone help with my query?

"-Cryogenic-©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) y...
> > Please adjust your TimeZone and/or clock.
> > You are posting from the future.

> Says sergeant Netcop himself.

°Mike°

Try installing TweakUI and use the repair
fonts option.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 13:06:23 +0100, in
<N3Joc.7449$(E-Mail Removed)>
Caroline scrawled:

>Adjusted time clock - now, can anyone help with my query?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

John

In article <Onwoc.5511$(E-Mail Removed)>, Caroline
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Before I post on the Adobe forum, I wondered if anyone has come across this
> problem before?
>
> I am working in PageMaker when suddenly all fonts in fonts folder have
> disappeared and my layout is completely messed up. It has substituted all
> my lovely fonts to Courier! On the substitute fonts box, there are only
> about 5 fonts in there, when there should be 100s.
>
> According to the help manual, this can happen when you cut and paste text
> from another application, which I did. Only problem is it does not tell you
> how to get them back!
>
> I could start it all over again, but the fonts folder still has only a few
> fonts in it, although it had 100s before. There seems to be no 'import
> fonts' or anything like that to get the fonts back. Any ideas? Thanks.

Under Mac OS, such a problem would suggest first deleting the
'preference' file -- a settings file which, among other things, might
register the path to available fonts and which ones are intended for
use.
Delete that, open the program again, and set all the program settings
as you would.

Anothr possibility is a font manager tool -- have you installed
anything recently? Or opened any such feature in existing tools? It is
possible that the default settings for such tools have put those fonts
out of rech of the programs, so that you would need to go back and set
it to make all available in the normal place (or at least selected
fonts, as you would if you were to start using such a manager
normally).