Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Remove Norton Ghost from Live Update

Remove Norton Ghost from Live Update

Alex

I have just uninstalled Norton Ghost. My question is how can i remove
Norton Ghost from the Live Update. I realize I can just uncheck the
box so it doesn't update it, but I would really like to know If I can
remove it from the list. I'm running Windows XP

Jonti

"Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just uninstalled Norton Ghost. My question is how can i remove
> Norton Ghost from the Live Update. I realize I can just uncheck the
> box so it doesn't update it, but I would really like to know If I can
> remove it from the list. I'm running Windows XP

It should automatically remove it when you update! If not, you have
uninstalled incorrectly.

Suggest remove Live update and reinstal. See Below:

To reinstall, locate LUSETUP.EXE on your computer or on the CD-ROM
containing your Symantec product. You may also download the latest
version from the Internet at:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/lu/lu.html

Once the file is on your system, double click the icon. You will be
asked if you wish to install LiveUpdate. Answer yes, and it will
automatically reinstall. Your previous settings will be saved, and
you will still be able to run LiveUpdate from any Symantec product
without further configuration.

If you wish to uninstall LiveUpdate, please note that you will no
longer be able to receive updates to your Symantec products.

To uninstall LiveUpdate:
1. From the Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Select LiveUpdate from the list and then click Add/Remove.

To reinstall LiveUpdate at any time, find the LUSETUP.EXE at the above
URL and simply double-click it.

Uninstall then reinstall SHOULD cure it!!!!!!

--
Jonti