Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > sd card slot on p15

sd card slot on p15

Gustavo Coutinho

I just bought a Toshiba P15 laptop (s420) and it has an SD card slot on the
left side. I thought
it would be for transfering photos from my digital camera but I have not
been able to do this and can't
seem to find any instructions or guidance on how to go about using the SD
slot or even what it's for if
it isn't for the digital cameras... I would appreciate some input on this.
thank you very much.

solarcoreg

slumpy

....and seconds before the explosion, Gustavo Coutinho emerged from the
bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see,
crying:

> I just bought a Toshiba P15 laptop (s420) and it has an SD card slot
> on the left side. I thought
> it would be for transfering photos from my digital camera but I have
> not been able to do this and can't
> seem to find any instructions or guidance on how to go about using
> the SD slot or even what it's for if
> it isn't for the digital cameras... I would appreciate some input on
> this. thank you very much.
>
> solarcoreg

Insert your SD card.
Open My Computer.
Look below your usual display of drives.
See 'removable disk' or 'removable media' ?

There ya go.
--
slumpy
no more

John

In article <MOVnc.1366$(E-Mail Removed) et>,
Gustavo Coutinho <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just bought a Toshiba P15 laptop (s420) and it has an SD card slot on the
> left side. I thought
> it would be for transfering photos from my digital camera but I have not
> been able to do this and can't
> seem to find any instructions or guidance on how to go about using the SD
> slot or even what it's for if
> it isn't for the digital cameras... I would appreciate some input on this.
> thank you very much.

Maybe the driver for that device wasn't installed in the default
installation -- look for an installation option for that kind of
device.
Or, check with the Toshiba Web site, e-mail them, or call their support
line.
Make sure, of course, that you are looking at an SD card slot and not
some similar slot, like Memory Stick.