Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > puzzle

Reply
Thread Tools

puzzle

 
 
anOLDun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2004
Lo all

I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying to
solve for 10's of years.

VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then have
to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.

Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
or
Is there a website that might help me?

many thanks

D


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2004

"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7p1a4$684$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lo all
>
> I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying to
> solve for 10's of years.
>
> VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then have
> to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.
>
> Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
> or
> Is there a website that might help me?
>
> many thanks
>
> D
>
>


Draw a circle within the rectangle?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pompeyİ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2004
alt.brain.teasers

hth Kim

"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7p1a4$684$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lo all
>
> I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying to
> solve for 10's of years.
>
> VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then have
> to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.
>
> Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
> or
> Is there a website that might help me?
>
> many thanks
>
> D
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
anOLDun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2004
PUH_LEASE

It should be THAT simple.......

and b4 u ask...... nor is it how to draw an "open" envelope without lifting
your pen from the paper
heheheh

D


"Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c7p1a4$684$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Lo all
> >
> > I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying to
> > solve for 10's of years.
> >
> > VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then

have
> > to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.
> >
> > Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
> > or
> > Is there a website that might help me?
> >
> > many thanks
> >
> > D
> >
> >

>
> Draw a circle within the rectangle?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
anOLDun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-11-2004
Hi Kim

Many thanks for the link.

Cheers
D
"Pompeyİ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:G_Tnc.8064$(E-Mail Removed)...
> alt.brain.teasers
>
> hth Kim
>
> "anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c7p1a4$684$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Lo all
> >
> > I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying to
> > solve for 10's of years.
> >
> > VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then

have
> > to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.
> >
> > Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
> > or
> > Is there a website that might help me?
> >
> > many thanks
> >
> > D
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-11-2004
Richard wrote:

> "anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c7p1a4$684$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Lo all


>> I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying
>> to solve for 10's of years.


>> VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then
>> have to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.


>> Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ? or Is there a
>> website that might help me?


>> many thanks


>> D


> Draw a circle within the rectangle?


That won't cross the lines that form the rectangle itself, which also
are included in the requirement.

Also, there is, IIRC, a particular number and arrangement of the
"sections" (rectangles) inside the original figure. At least I've
never seen the puzzle stated as simply "draw a rectangle and then
divide into sections".

Also, IIRC, the figure is (fixed-pitch fonts, please):

+------------+-------------+
| | |
| | |
| | |
+------+-----+-----+-------+
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
+------+-----------+-------+

Remember -- only cross each segment once, and no "walking the line"
-- IOW, you can't draw *along* a line to travel upon it without
crossing it.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 4892F
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
Nigerian Scam From Space http://snipurl.com/iss419
New Windows - Don't Wait For Longhorn! http://snipurl.com/newwin
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pompeyİ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-11-2004
hope it helped...ur welcome

Kim

"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7p5cg$v65$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Kim
>
> Many thanks for the link.
>
> Cheers
> D
> "Pompeyİ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:G_Tnc.8064$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > alt.brain.teasers
> >
> > hth Kim
> >
> > "anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c7p1a4$684$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Lo all
> > >
> > > I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying

to
> > > solve for 10's of years.
> > >
> > > VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then

> have
> > > to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.
> > >
> > > Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
> > > or
> > > Is there a website that might help me?
> > >
> > > many thanks
> > >
> > > D
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Zaltor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2004

"anOLDun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7p1a4$684$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lo all
>
> I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying to
> solve for 10's of years.
>
> VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then have
> to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.
>
> Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
> or
> Is there a website that might help me?
>


Nothing said the line had to be strait right? It could be a squiggly
line that hits each segment once. :-/ mmm maybe...

> many thanks
>
> D
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the extra bar along top in v1.5 with puzzle image? Can we get rid of? S.Rodgers Firefox 9 12-14-2005 11:15 AM
Home networking puzzle?!? =?Utf-8?B?Qm9ya28=?= Wireless Networking 3 01-25-2005 06:49 AM
A NS puzzle:) Brad Snow Firefox 6 09-03-2004 04:54 AM
A puzzle to puzzle you sk A+ Certification 1 07-17-2004 05:19 PM
PUZZLE Getting DropDownList Index of Matching Value Earl Teigrob ASP .Net 3 08-06-2003 09:41 PM



Advertisments