Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Photo Quality Printer Advice please.

Photo Quality Printer Advice please.

Mick.

Hi all,

Computer is: AMD Atholon XP2400+
2.01 GHz with 1GB Ram
XP Home
My three year old, HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer will not for some reason
print on
premium glossy paper as it has always done before. It prints a test page ok,
and will print on matt photo paper, but not glossy It comes out looking like
camouflage paint! There is an auto scan device to set the paper type when
printing in best mode, could this be faulty?

I have looked at the Cannon i6500 (8534A021AA) but just need a good photo
quality printer, any ideas?

JWooden271

Mick. wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Computer is: AMD Atholon XP2400+
> 2.01 GHz with 1GB Ram
> XP Home
> My three year old, HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer will not for some
> reason print on
> premium glossy paper as it has always done before. It prints a test page
> ok, and will print on matt photo paper, but not glossy It comes out
> looking like camouflage paint! There is an auto scan device to set the
> paper type when printing in best mode, could this be faulty?
>
> I have looked at the Cannon i6500 (8534A021AA) but just need a good photo
> quality printer, any ideas?

That HP Photosmart printer of yours is fairly new, you should try HP for
help before buying a new printer.

See: http://snipurl.com/6ac7

Mick.

"JWooden271" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VGSnc.98306$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Mick. wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Computer is: AMD Atholon XP2400+
> > 2.01 GHz with 1GB Ram
> > XP Home
> > My three year old, HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer will not for some
> > reason print on
> > premium glossy paper as it has always done before. It prints a test page
> > ok, and will print on matt photo paper, but not glossy It comes out
> > looking like camouflage paint! There is an auto scan device to set the
> > paper type when printing in best mode, could this be faulty?
> >
> > I have looked at the Cannon i6500 (8534A021AA) but just need a good

photo
> > quality printer, any ideas?

> That HP Photosmart printer of yours is fairly new, you should try HP for
> help before buying a new printer.
>
> See: http://snipurl.com/6ac7

Hi,
I have been through the online help and finding nothing on my problem, email
them but
do not hold out much hope.
I need to be able to print course work for a collage course I am on, that's
why I was wondering if there was a better printer?
Mick.

Jerry G.

I have researched out many printers for clients. I found the HP Photosmart
to the best for home use. They have some very high quality photo printers
for a reasonable cost.

As for your printer, are you sure you have all the set-ups, and properties
set-up properly??? Are your cartridges good?

These can be tricky to set up properly. I have also seen a defective
cartridge cause your fault. Since the cartridges are expensive, take the
printer to a dealer who can check this properly for you.

One other thing to consider, is that the new printers are much improved.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com