Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My Computer hates Nero

My Computer hates Nero

Fitzy_bhoy

A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that nero.exe
had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and ran my AVG scanner,
it found no virus'. So when the message appeared again the next time, I
overrid it and ran the prog anyway. A few days after that when I tried to
run the program my computer reset itself. I tried this many times, always
with the same result. After the computer rebooted I recieved one of those
boxes that ask if you want to send the info to MS, I chose no, but checked
the info box and there seems to be an error in the minidump. I uninstalled
nero and downloaded the latest version but during installation it states
that the nero.exe has bad data and that I should reboot my computer.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?

Thanks
John

slumpy

....and seconds before the explosion, Fitzy_bhoy emerged from the bunker
carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

> A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that
> nero.exe had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and ran
> my AVG scanner, it found no virus'. So when the message appeared
> again the next time, I overrid it and ran the prog anyway. A few days
> after that when I tried to run the program my computer reset itself.
> I tried this many times, always with the same result. After the
> computer rebooted I recieved one of those boxes that ask if you want
> to send the info to MS, I chose no, but checked the info box and
> there seems to be an error in the minidump. I uninstalled nero and
> downloaded the latest version but during installation it states that
> the nero.exe has bad data and that I should reboot my computer.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?
>
> Thanks
> John

After you uninstalled the old version, did you clean your machine up before
installing the new one ?
--
slumpy
no more

°Mike°

Do not trust AVG.

KAV (Kaspersky)
http://www.kaspersky.com/

eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

Where did you download Nero from?

On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:58:30 +0100, in
<409fece9$0$20511$(E-Mail Removed)>
Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Tim Weaver

Fitzy_bhoy wrote:

> A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that
> nero.exe had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and
> ran my AVG scanner, it found no virus'. So when the message
> appeared again the next time, I overrid it and ran the prog
> anyway. A few days after that when I tried to run the program my
> computer reset itself. I tried this many times, always with the
> same result. After the computer rebooted I recieved one of those
> boxes that ask if you want to send the info to MS, I chose no, but
> checked the info box and there seems to be an error in the
> minidump. I uninstalled nero and downloaded the latest version but
> during installation it states that the nero.exe has bad data and
> that I should reboot my computer.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?

Try CDBurnerXP Pro. It's freeware and every bit as good as Nero.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdburnerxp.html
--
Tim Weaver
"In the song, 'If the moon hits your eye like a big piece of pie,

Barry OGrady

On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:58:30 +0100, "Fitzy_bhoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that nero.exe
>had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and ran my AVG scanner,
>it found no virus'. So when the message appeared again the next time, I
>overrid it and ran the prog anyway. A few days after that when I tried to
>run the program my computer reset itself. I tried this many times, always
>with the same result. After the computer rebooted I recieved one of those
>boxes that ask if you want to send the info to MS, I chose no, but checked
>the info box and there seems to be an error in the minidump. I uninstalled
>nero and downloaded the latest version but during installation it states
>that the nero.exe has bad data and that I should reboot my computer.
>
>Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?

What you should do is leave a space between any and way, like any way, not anyway.

>Thanks
>John

-Barry
========

Fitzy_bhoy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

wrote:

> >A few days ago when trying to run nero, I recieved a message that

nero.exe
> >had a virus and did I want to continue. I chose no and ran my AVG

scanner,
> >it found no virus'. So when the message appeared again the next time, I
> >overrid it and ran the prog anyway. A few days after that when I tried to
> >run the program my computer reset itself. I tried this many times, always
> >with the same result. After the computer rebooted I recieved one of those
> >boxes that ask if you want to send the info to MS, I chose no, but

checked
> >the info box and there seems to be an error in the minidump. I

uninstalled
> >nero and downloaded the latest version but during installation it states
> >that the nero.exe has bad data and that I should reboot my computer.
> >
> >Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around this?

> What you should do is leave a space between any and way, like any way, not

anyway.

I didn't know this was a grammar assisted newsgroup. But thanks for your
constructive help in fixing my computer problem.

Fitzy_bhoy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do not trust AVG.
>
> KAV (Kaspersky)
> http://www.kaspersky.com/
>
> eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)
> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/Antivirus.cfm
>
> Sophos
> http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/
>

> Where did you download Nero from?

The Ahead site. Why not trust AVG, I thought it was one of the best Anti
Virus programs around. I also have Mcafee 8 installed and that found no
virus' either.

°Mike°

On Tue, 11 May 2004 23:35:44 +0100, in
<40a15531$0$25320$(E-Mail Removed)>
Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do not trust AVG.
>>
>> KAV (Kaspersky)
>> http://www.kaspersky.com/
>>
>> eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)
>> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/Antivirus.cfm
>>
>> Sophos
>> http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/
>>

>> Where did you download Nero from?
>>

>The Ahead site. Why not trust AVG, I thought it was one
>of the best Anti Virus programs around.

You thought wrong. The only good thing about it
is the price; in that respect, it is probably the best
"free" antivirus.

>I also have Mcafee 8 installed and that found no virus' either.

McAfee is also pants; bloated pants.
Do yourself a favour, and try one or more of the above.
KAV has the best detection rate, and feedback from
submissions is phenomenal.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Fitzy_bhoy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 23:35:44 +0100, in
> <40a15531$0$25320$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:
>

> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Do not trust AVG.
> >>
> >> KAV (Kaspersky)
> >> http://www.kaspersky.com/
> >>
> >> eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)
> >> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/Antivirus.cfm
> >>
> >> Sophos
> >> http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/
> >>

> >> Where did you download Nero from?
> >>

> >The Ahead site. Why not trust AVG, I thought it was one
> >of the best Anti Virus programs around.

> You thought wrong. The only good thing about it
> is the price; in that respect, it is probably the best
> "free" antivirus.
>
> >I also have Mcafee 8 installed and that found no virus' either.

> McAfee is also pants; bloated pants.
> Do yourself a favour, and try one or more of the above.
> KAV has the best detection rate, and feedback from
> submissions is phenomenal.

wow...thanks

°Mike°

On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:01:08 +0100, in
<40a1d9b4$0$25319$(E-Mail Removed)>
Fitzy_bhoy scrawled:

<snip>

>wow...thanks

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance

My computer hates me Mark Williams Computer Support 10 02-13-2008 09:13 PM
I'm not the only one who hates the MCNGP lowdes MCSE 59 09-13-2005 05:39 PM
Old computer hates to leave Maybe Computer Support 24 06-15-2005 05:53 PM
Netflix hates Jinx Frondie - slows his rentals for no reason! Reginald Dwight DVD Video 2 11-24-2004 07:34 PM
Re: USA Presidunce Hates Computers Because Knowledge Is Bad High Alert Computer Support 0 08-26-2004 02:58 PM

Advertisments