Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Who's been acessing the computer

Who's been acessing the computer

Melv

Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the computer?
I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging on.
Melv

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

Melv wrote:

> Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the computer?
> I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging on.
> Melv

That is what the event logs are for! (Amongst other things)

Rifleman

"PalindrÔ~╗me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Melv wrote:
>
> > Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the

computer?
> > I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging

on.
> > Melv
> >

> That is what the event logs are for! (Amongst other things)

But you have to set up Auditing on the User log-ins first, I think......

Melv

Yes that is what I was wondering.
Melv
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Melv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Yes that is what I was wondering.
> Melv
> "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "PalindrÔ~╗me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > computer?

> logging
> > on.
> > > >

> > > That is what the event logs are for! (Amongst other things)

> > But you have to set up Auditing on the User log-ins first, I think......

Event logs log certain system events automatically AFAIK, but Auditing needs
to be turned on to log user-activated events such as log-ons and log-offs.

slumpy

....and seconds before the explosion, Melv emerged from the bunker carrying
the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

> Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the
> computer? I have several user accounts and would like to know who has
> been logging on. Melv

Looks like the 21st Century Goldilocks and the Three Bears to me

"Whooooo's been looking at Porn on MY computer ?"
--
slumpy
no more

Rifleman

"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ...and seconds before the explosion, Melv emerged from the bunker carrying
> the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:
>
> > Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the
> > computer? I have several user accounts and would like to know who has
> > been logging on. Melv

> Looks like the 21st Century Goldilocks and the Three Bears to me
>
> "Whooooo's been looking at Porn on MY computer ?"

LOL!

Aunt Buffy

Why not just set up your webcam to start as soon as the computer is switched
on (start up group), and have it on security mode, and then it will take a
picture on any movement it senses.

Its success depends on the cunning of the prey you are hunting.

> Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the

computer?
> I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging

on.
> Melv

Blinky the Shark

Aunt Buffy wrote:

> "Melv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the

> computer?
>> I have several user accounts and would like to know who has been logging

> on.
>> Melv

> Why not just set up your webcam to start as soon as the computer is switched
> on (start up group), and have it on security mode, and then it will take a
> picture on any movement it senses.

So everyone has a webcam?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 4892F
AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

slumpy

....and seconds before the explosion, Blinky the Shark emerged from the
bunker carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see,
crying:

> Aunt Buffy wrote:
>
>> "Melv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Can I tell with winxp pro which users have been logging on to the
>>> computer? I have several user accounts and would like to know who
>>> has been logging on. Melv

>> Why not just set up your webcam to start as soon as the computer is
>> switched on (start up group), and have it on security mode, and then
>> it will take a picture on any movement it senses.

> So everyone has a webcam?

Failing that, you have to hide behind a heavy bookcase with a sketchpad.
--
slumpy
no more