Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to compile a program in VB.NET?

How to compile a program in VB.NET?

Marco Vajda

I am really beginner in programming. I would like to compile a program in
VB.NET, but I don't know how to do it. I have just put some buttons, text
boxes, datagrid and picturebox on form.

Thanks, Marco

Robert Jacobson

If you've created a standard Windows Forms project, just select "Build
Solution" from the Build menu. After the project's been built, there will
be a compiled .exe in your project's /Bin folder.

However, this is only "compiled" to intermediate language ("MSIL" or "IL"),
not native code. To run a .Net application, the client machine must have
the .Net Framework installed. You cannot compile a .Net application to
native code.

"Marco Vajda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blpmu9$6m6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am really beginner in programming. I would like to compile a program in
> VB.NET, but I don't know how to do it. I have just put some buttons, text
> boxes, datagrid and picturebox on form.
>
> Thanks, Marco

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

some suggestions for getting started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...tframework.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...sp11122000.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/

http://www.microsoft.com/belux/nl/ms...d/default.mspx
-- Dino ChiesaMicrosoft Developer Divisiond i n o c h @ o n l i n e . m i c
r o s o f t . c o m"Robert Jacobson" <(E-Mail Removed)>