Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > deleting history

deleting history

silversurfer

I use IE6 with windows XP home edtn.
In the drop down list which is at the right hand side of the address window,
it shows all the addresses of the many sites I have visited. There now seems
to be hundreds of them and I wondered if I can delete them all.
I'm sure I have done it before but can't remember how.
Any suggestions.
Thanks, Jim.

Ionizer

"silversurfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I use IE6 with windows XP home edtn.
> In the drop down list which is at the right hand side of the address

window,
> it shows all the addresses of the many sites I have visited. There now

seems
> to be hundreds of them and I wondered if I can delete them all.
> I'm sure I have done it before but can't remember how.
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks, Jim.

Open IE, then: Tools|Internet Options > Clear History.

--
Ian.

Barney

"silversurfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I use IE6 with windows XP home edtn.
> In the drop down list which is at the right hand side of the address

window,
> it shows all the addresses of the many sites I have visited. There now

seems
> to be hundreds of them and I wondered if I can delete them all.
> I'm sure I have done it before but can't remember how.
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks, Jim.

IE>.Tools>>Internet Options and take it from there

silversurfer

"silversurfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I use IE6 with windows XP home edtn.
> In the drop down list which is at the right hand side of the address

window,
> it shows all the addresses of the many sites I have visited. There now

seems
> to be hundreds of them and I wondered if I can delete them all.
> I'm sure I have done it before but can't remember how.
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks, Jim.
>
> Thank you Barney & Ionizer for the quick response.

Simple when you know how, isn't it.
Kind regards, Jim.

gb

Tools - Options - Click Clear History.

gb

"silversurfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| I use IE6 with windows XP home edtn.
| In the drop down list which is at the right hand side of the address
window,
| it shows all the addresses of the many sites I have visited. There now
seems
| to be hundreds of them and I wondered if I can delete them all.
| I'm sure I have done it before but can't remember how.
| Any suggestions.
| Thanks, Jim.

Barney

> "silversurfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Thank you Barney & Ionizer for the quick response.

> Simple when you know how, isn't it.
> Kind regards, Jim.

no problem
How do you think I found out.