Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Where is it stored?

Where is it stored?

Anastasio A Rossi

Can someone identify the location of the data storage for message rules in OE6, and if that data can be edited?

I am trying to find a way to alphabetize names I put in the message rules filter.
OE lists therm in the order they are entered.
This makes locating/removing/editing a single item a tedious chore when there are 150 items.

why?

On Sat, 08 May 2004 18:04:37 GMT, Anastasio A Rossi wrote:

Please don't post in Base64 encoding, you should use plain text. It's
just as well my newsreader converts from

"Q2FuIHNvbWVvbmUgaWRlbnRpZnkgdGhlI...."

>Can someone identify the location of the data storage for message rules in OE6, and if that data can be edited?
>
> I am trying to find a way to alphabetize names I put in the message rules filter.
>OE lists therm in the order they are entered.
>This makes locating/removing/editing a single item a tedious chore when there are 150 items.

You could try these found from www.google.com

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
there is a section on OE reg keys, data files.

http://www.elysiumgates.com/pandora/backup_outlook.html
How to Back Up Blocked Senders List and Other Mail Rules
Locate and click the following registry subkeys

I don't use OE and thus have no rules to confirm data in the keys
mentioned above.

Those couple of articles should be enough for you to try other
www.google.com searches.

Me

Iceman

"Anastasio A Rossi" wrote in message
news:Vi9nc.351$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Can someone identify the location of the data storage for message rules in

OE6, and if that data can be edited?

> I am trying to find a way to alphabetize names I put in the message rules

filter.
> OE lists therm in the order they are entered.
> This makes locating/removing/editing a single item a tedious chore when

there are 150 items.

They are stored in the registry. Go to Start > Run > Regedit and find this
key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Micro soft\Outlook
Express\5.0\Rules