Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > *possible* Trojan

*possible* Trojan

el duderino

I ran the on-line 'Bitdefender' scan of my 'puter and got this result.
However, when I ran AVG Pro (updated) and Trend Houscall online scan they
picked up nothing.

RESULTS FROM 'BITDEFENDER':

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected:
Backdoor.SDBot.Gen
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to disinfect
C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected: Backdoor.SDBot.Gen
C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to disinfect

Please could anyone tell me whether I should take notice of this and whether
it is safe to delete them. I rum XP Pro and I think it would be a bad move
to dewlete the 'Login.exe' file but can find no mention of the 'b1.exe' file
on the MS Knowledge Base.

Any help gratefully received, Thanks

Boomer

"el duderino" <(E-Mail Removed)> did say:

> I ran the on-line 'Bitdefender' scan of my 'puter and got this
> result. However, when I ran AVG Pro (updated) and Trend Houscall
> online scan they picked up nothing.
>
> RESULTS FROM 'BITDEFENDER':
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected:
> Backdoor.SDBot.Gen
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to
> disinfect C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected:
> Backdoor.SDBot.Gen C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to
> disinfect
>

> Please could anyone tell me whether I should take notice of this
> and whether it is safe to delete them. I rum XP Pro and I think
> it would be a bad move to dewlete the 'Login.exe' file but can
> find no mention of the 'b1.exe' file on the MS Knowledge Base.
>
> Any help gratefully received, Thanks

Hi

I just looked up 'Backdoor.SDBot.Gen' at their site.
http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/v..._id=1&v_id=177

According to your message it seems like Bitdefender is "unable to
disinfect".

And from the above link
"Removal instructions:

Once an infected file has been identified, the process should be
terminated, the registry key
removed and the file deleted."

And you might want to read the 'solution' here:
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...?VName=BKDR_SD
BOT.GEN

HTH

el duderino

Thanks mate, sorted
news:409bd93a$0$12236$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> "el duderino" <(E-Mail Removed)> did say:
>
> > I ran the on-line 'Bitdefender' scan of my 'puter and got this
> > result. However, when I ran AVG Pro (updated) and Trend Houscall
> > online scan they picked up nothing.
> >
> > RESULTS FROM 'BITDEFENDER':
> >
> > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected:
> > Backdoor.SDBot.Gen
> > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to
> > disinfect C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected:
> > Backdoor.SDBot.Gen C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to
> > disinfect
> >

> > Please could anyone tell me whether I should take notice of this
> > and whether it is safe to delete them. I rum XP Pro and I think
> > it would be a bad move to dewlete the 'Login.exe' file but can
> > find no mention of the 'b1.exe' file on the MS Knowledge Base.
> >
> > Any help gratefully received, Thanks

> Hi
>
> I just looked up 'Backdoor.SDBot.Gen' at their site.
> http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/v..._id=1&v_id=177
>
> According to your message it seems like Bitdefender is "unable to
> disinfect".
>
> And from the above link
> "Removal instructions:
>
> Once an infected file has been identified, the process should be
> terminated, the registry key
> removed and the file deleted."
>

> And you might want to read the 'solution' here:
> http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...?VName=BKDR_SD
> BOT.GEN
>
> HTH

Boomer

"el duderino" <(E-Mail Removed)> did say:

> Thanks mate, sorted

Glad to hear that.