Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BT -Yahoo Browser

BT -Yahoo Browser

Ray

Since I was forced to install this intrusive piece of gear I have had the
following problem.

If I am on a newsgroup and wish to open 'Google' or any other reference
source, I can't go directly to the source without the BT - Yahoo browser
opening, checking status etc and redirecting me to my selected page. Surely
it's not meant to work in this manner - what have I done wrong? This is just
one illustration, with every site change I encounter the same problem. I
always reach the selected site, but it wastes time.

I have the Bt disc.
Win 98SE
OE6

tia

Ray.

CJ

Hi,
you were not forced to install the browser!! I'm with BT Yahoo and I
just upgraded without downloading any software.

CJ

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7g9ie$9ln$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since I was forced to install this intrusive piece of gear I have had

the
> following problem.
>
> If I am on a newsgroup and wish to open 'Google' or any other

reference
> source, I can't go directly to the source without the BT - Yahoo

browser
> opening, checking status etc and redirecting me to my selected page.

Surely
> it's not meant to work in this manner - what have I done wrong? This

is just
> one illustration, with every site change I encounter the same

problem. I
> always reach the selected site, but it wastes time.
>
> I have the Bt disc.
> Win 98SE
> OE6
>
> tia
>
> Ray.

chris

you can uninstall the browser and all the rest of the btyahoo software at
any time. Just dont unisntall the connection manager (unless you want to
make a new connection manually) or the modem drivers
news:c7ge7m$lk1$(E-Mail Removed)...