Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > System Restore, disk write error, 3rd disk

System Restore, disk write error, 3rd disk

Trying to use the system restore..again. 4 CDs.

This time, though, I get a disk write error toward the end of the 3rd CD.

Is there a way to format the drive to remove bad sectors, now that I don't
have OS?

This is compaq laptop. I did not see a simple recovery cd.

ANy thoughts welcome.

Thanks.