Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > deleting outlook from internet options

deleting outlook from internet options

rose marie

ok how do I begin? added office 97 in oct. hated it so deleted it from
add/delete programs. come to realize can no longer send from the file
either the page or relay anything for that matter. using outlook express
however nothing I do can replace oe as my internet choice of email. there
is no longer any other choice in there to opt for but outlook. office
cannot be deleted from pc is there no way to resolve but to run my discs and
obliterate all on hard drive. appreciatively yours , 71 year old fem
techie

trout

rose marie wrote:

> ok how do I begin? added office 97 in oct. hated it so deleted it
> from add/delete programs. come to realize can no longer send from
> the file either the page or relay anything for that matter. using
> outlook express however nothing I do can replace oe as my internet
> choice of email. there is no longer any other choice in there to
> opt for but outlook. office cannot be deleted from pc is there no
> way to resolve but to run my discs and obliterate all on hard drive.
> appreciatively yours , 71 year old fem techie

So, just to be clear, you are saying that OE is not available for
selection as the Email Program in Internet Options, on the Programs tab?
Also, please mention which Operating System you are using.
--
"Just to make sure that the right question gets answered."

°Mike°

Copy and paste the following into the
Start / Run box (including the quotes):

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

On Thu, 6 May 2004 14:42:44 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
rose marie scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

rose marie

unable to pull this off, windows refused to do it said wrong path thank you
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Copy and paste the following into the
> Start / Run box (including the quotes):
>
> "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg
>

> On Thu, 6 May 2004 14:42:44 -0400, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> rose marie scrawled:
>
> >ok how do I begin? added office 97 in oct. hated it so deleted it from
> >add/delete programs. come to realize can no longer send from the file
> >either the page or relay anything for that matter. using outlook

express
> >however nothing I do can replace oe as my internet choice of email.

there
> >is no longer any other choice in there to opt for but outlook. office
> >cannot be deleted from pc is there no way to resolve but to run my discs

and
> >obliterate all on hard drive. appreciatively yours , 71 year old fem
> >techie
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Then change the path to the msimn.exe file.
For example, if your program files is on drive 'D'
type:
"D:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

If your msimn.exe is in another folder, change it
appropriately.

On Fri, 7 May 2004 00:22:27 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
rose marie scrawled:

>unable to pull this off, windows refused to do it said wrong path thank you

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Copy and paste the following into the
>> Start / Run box (including the quotes):
>>
>> "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance