Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Print screen?

Print screen?

WRH

Can someone tell me how to use this key? I read about it once before but
can't find it again. Thanks

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

Tom F

Press it. Screen image copied to clipboard. Open favorite app and paste.

"WRH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:hvemc.103957$f_5.71489@lakeread01...
| Can someone tell me how to use this key? I read about it once before but
| can't find it again. Thanks
|
| --
| Bill
| Chesapeake, Va

Iceman

"WRH"wrote in message news:hvemc.103957$f_5.71489@lakeread01...
> Can someone tell me how to use this key? I read about it once before but
> can't find it again. Thanks

The key copies your desktop screen to the clipboard. Then you can copy the
image into an image viewer, Paint, or Word. To open the clipboard, go to
Start > Run > Clipbrd .

Emrys Davies

'Bill',

If you have nor resolved this already do this:

Find the screen you wish to print > Press 'Print Screen' (next to F12 on
keyboard) > Open Microsoft Word or Paint > Edit > Paste > Print

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"WRH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me how to use this key? I read about it once before

but
> can't find it again. Thanks
>
> --
> Bill
> Chesapeake, Va

Pool Champ

"Emrys Davies"wrote in message
> 'Bill',
>
> If you have nor resolved this already do this:
>
> Find the screen you wish to print > Press 'Print Screen' (next to F12 on
> keyboard) > Open Microsoft Word or Paint > Edit > Paste > Print
>
> Regards,
> Emrys Davies.

Bugger me, is it that simple !! For the past 5 years I have been lying my
monitor on my scanner, scanned and then printed. This was ok when I had a
14" monitor but since I've had a 17" one, I find it a bit heavy.
You learn something new in this group every day. It's fantastic.
PC

Toolman Tim

"Pool Champ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Emrys Davies"wrote in message
> > 'Bill',
> >
> > If you have nor resolved this already do this:
> >
> > Find the screen you wish to print > Press 'Print Screen' (next to F12 on
> > keyboard) > Open Microsoft Word or Paint > Edit > Paste > Print
> >
> > Regards,
> > Emrys Davies.
> >

> Bugger me, is it that simple !! For the past 5 years I have been lying my
> monitor on my scanner, scanned and then printed. This was ok when I had a
> 14" monitor but since I've had a 17" one, I find it a bit heavy.
> You learn something new in this group every day. It's fantastic.
> PC

Heh heh...maybe they can help fix my problem with faxing, too! I hold my
paper up to the monitor and press send, but nothing happens...

Boomer

"Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> did say:

> "Pool Champ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Emrys Davies"wrote in message
>> > 'Bill',
>> >
>> > If you have nor resolved this already do this:
>> >
>> > Find the screen you wish to print > Press 'Print Screen' (next
>> > to F12 on keyboard) > Open Microsoft Word or Paint > Edit >
>> > Paste > Print
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Emrys Davies.
>> >

>> Bugger me, is it that simple !! For the past 5 years I have been
>> lying my monitor on my scanner, scanned and then printed. This
>> was ok when I had a 14" monitor but since I've had a 17" one, I
>> find it a bit heavy. You learn something new in this group every
>> day. It's fantastic. PC
>>

> Heh heh...maybe they can help fix my problem with faxing, too! I
> hold my paper up to the monitor and press send, but nothing
> happens...

You forgot to press 'any key'. ;o)

Toolman Tim

news:40998444$0$192$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
> "Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> did say:
>

> > "Pool Champ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Bugger me, is it that simple !! For the past 5 years I have been
> >> lying my monitor on my scanner, scanned and then printed. This
> >> was ok when I had a 14" monitor but since I've had a 17" one, I
> >> find it a bit heavy. You learn something new in this group every
> >> day. It's fantastic. PC
> >>

> > Heh heh...maybe they can help fix my problem with faxing, too! I
> > hold my paper up to the monitor and press send, but nothing
> > happens...

> You forgot to press 'any key'. ;o)

Havn't been able to find it...maybe my keyboard is too old and they didn't
have them back then???

-= Hawk =-

On Wed, 5 May 2004 17:23:22 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
<tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> scribbled:

>"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:40998444$0$192$(E-Mail Removed) news.net...
>> "Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> did say:
>>

>> > "Pool Champ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Heh heh...maybe they can help fix my problem with faxing, too! I
>> > hold my paper up to the monitor and press send, but nothing
>> > happens...

>> You forgot to press 'any key'. ;o)

>Havn't been able to find it...maybe my keyboard is too old and they didn't
>have them back then???

http://iamnotageek.com/articles.php?...c=What_Any_Key

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Boomer

"Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> did say:

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40998444$0$192$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net...
>> "Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> did say:
>>

>> > "Pool Champ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Heh heh...maybe they can help fix my problem with faxing, too!
>> > I hold my paper up to the monitor and press send, but nothing
>> > happens...

>> You forgot to press 'any key'. ;o)

> Havn't been able to find it...maybe my keyboard is too old and
> they didn't have them back then???

You can buy an 'any key'. (Dang if I can find the proper link.)
That should update your keyboard.

Here's some goodies.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/bytesngr...gifforgee.html