Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Best software for archiving Vinyl Record collection?

Best software for archiving Vinyl Record collection?

]v[etaphoid

I've got a fully automatic turntable with magnetic cartridge and built-in
pre-amp that I want to setup with my old man's PC to give him something to
play with and a means to convert his record collection.

He's already got a CD-burner with Nero, and a Creative AWE64 sound card
(which may need to be upgraded?), but I'm lost as to which software will be
best and most painless in terms of capturing the signal and converting it to
..wav for Nero to burn to CD.

Any recommendations?

SgtMinor

You may find some ideas here:

http://www.cybergrass.com/Articles/CD-Vinyl.html

http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm

"]v[etaphoid" wrote:

> I've got a fully automatic turntable with magnetic cartridge and built-in
> pre-amp that I want to setup with my old man's PC to give him something to
> play with and a means to convert his record collection.
>
> He's already got a CD-burner with Nero, and a Creative AWE64 sound card
> (which may need to be upgraded?), but I'm lost as to which software will be
> best and most painless in terms of capturing the signal and converting it to
> .wav for Nero to burn to CD.
>
> Any recommendations?

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

]v[etaphoid wrote:

> I've got a fully automatic turntable with magnetic cartridge and built-in
> pre-amp that I want to setup with my old man's PC to give him something to
> play with and a means to convert his record collection.
>
> He's already got a CD-burner with Nero, and a Creative AWE64 sound card
> (which may need to be upgraded?), but I'm lost as to which software will be
> best and most painless in terms of capturing the signal and converting it to
> .wav for Nero to burn to CD.
>
> Any recommendations?

One of my friends (yes I do have one or two, especially when
my home brew has "matured") has just got a SoundBlaster USB
external sound "card" - which he swears is the best thing
since partitioned Hovis. It came with a software bundle for
doing what you want - with scratch and rumble reduction and
all sorts of things that mean exactly zilch to me, but seem
to get an audiophile dribbling.

Sunny

"]v[etaphoid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c789da$t49j$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I've got a fully automatic turntable with magnetic cartridge and built-in
> pre-amp that I want to setup with my old man's PC to give him something to
> play with and a means to convert his record collection.
>
> He's already got a CD-burner with Nero, and a Creative AWE64 sound card
> (which may need to be upgraded?), but I'm lost as to which software will

be
> best and most painless in terms of capturing the signal and converting it

> .wav for Nero to burn to CD.

I use and am happy with : CD Wave and Rip Vinyl
http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/mr_3/.../milosoftware/
http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/trynow.shtml
Take your pick
http://www.robert.tidey.dsl.pipex.com./record00.shtml
http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm#record_split
http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm#burn_split
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/download.html (free)
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/buy.html (full)
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~abcomp/lp-cdr.htm
http://wowfabgroovy.port5.com/vinyl.htm
http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/axatis/...udio/vinyl.htm
http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/axatis/...iocd.htm#clean
http://www.ganymede.hemscott.net/wavecor.htm
http://www.a-reny.com/iexplorer/restauration.html
http://a.reny.free.fr/iexplorer/restauration.html
http://www.knoxvillewedding.com
http://www.cfbsoftware.com.au
http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/welcome.htm
http://www.cdrfaq.org
http://tapeless.com
http://a.reny.free.fr/iexplorer/restauration.html
http://www.wieser.clara.net/ripvinyl/faq.htm
http://www.steinberg.net/products/ct/pc/clean/)

simon162 simon162 is offline
Junior Member

Hello,
Iam from Pressmart a media service company and we offer digital publishing and archiving solutions to publications.

We integrate the publishing systems and let the news reporters and editors write, edit, publish to print and Web editions, and archive all at once.

If you are Looking to transform documents into intelligent content to reach global audience then try pressmart.net

or discuss with me to know more about our service and Our Technology used In Archiving.

BindingSource, Archiving Old record before saving new changes Rob Dob ASP .Net Datagrid Control 1 03-16-2006 08:44 AM
Re: Vinyl to LP..Software for?? Fred Computer Support 0 07-25-2005 11:16 AM
Vinyl to C.d. Freddy Computer Support 25 11-25-2004 05:10 AM
recording from vinyl j###### Computer Support 4 06-06-2004 11:11 PM
recording from vinyl j###### Computer Support 6 06-01-2004 12:51 AM

Advertisments