Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wanting a list of quantities of files in folders

Wanting a list of quantities of files in folders

Bryan Henderson

I would like to be able to print off lists of the numbers of files in
folders on my pc and also the megabytes involved.

The reason for this is that I have just copied the contents of a hard drive
into a folder on another drive and the totals aren't the same on completion.

The faulty disk has 12.3 Gb or 13,287,686,144 bytes but the folder this was
copied into has only got 11 Gb or 11,870,066.950 bytes. Does anyone know how
to do this? TIA.

slumpy

It was only the fire burning through the trees that stopped Bryan Henderson
from going on all night...

> I would like to be able to print off lists of the numbers of files in
> folders on my pc and also the megabytes involved.
>
> The reason for this is that I have just copied the contents of a hard
> drive into a folder on another drive and the totals aren't the same
> on completion.
>
> The faulty disk has 12.3 Gb or 13,287,686,144 bytes but the folder
> this was copied into has only got 11 Gb or 11,870,066.950 bytes. Does
> anyone know how to do this? TIA.

Listmaker http://www.nwlink.com/~koolguy/home.html
Directory Printer http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

Never use the first, though I do have a copy, but the second is /very/
flexible and user-friendly.
--
slumpy
no more