Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reformat hard drive

Reformat hard drive

Grumpy

I give up.

this will never get fixed, so time to smoke the hard drive and reinstall Win
XP.

Trouble is, I remember back in the day, when all one had to do was enter dos
and type format c:

OK, so how do I smoke everything off the hard drive and start fresh.

°Mike°

Enter the BIOS and set the CD as the first boot
device. Boot with the Windows CD in the drive
and follow the prompts -- you will have an option
to format before installing.

On Tue, 04 May 2004 00:42:47 GMT, in
<bGBlc.2421$(E-Mail Removed) >
Grumpy scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

SgtMinor

"Performing a Clean Install of Windows XP:"

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/e...2october07.asp

And is this you?:

Domain Name: GRUMPY.COM

Registrant:
Grumpy Industries
702 East Center
Alpine, Utah 84004
United States

If not, you may want to read about a proper address munge here:

Grumpy wrote:

> I give up.
>
> this will never get fixed, so time to smoke the hard drive and reinstall Win
> XP.
>
> Trouble is, I remember back in the day, when all one had to do was enter dos
> and type format c:
>
> OK, so how do I smoke everything off the hard drive and start fresh.

Toolman Tim

"Grumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bGBlc.2421$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> I give up.
>
> this will never get fixed, so time to smoke the hard drive and reinstall

Win
> XP.
>
> Trouble is, I remember back in the day, when all one had to do was enter

dos
> and type format c:
>
> OK, so how do I smoke everything off the hard drive and start fresh.

Dunno...how *do* ya smoke a hard drive...kind of hard to keep it lit, isn't
it? Like smoking salmon...same problem...

Boomer

"Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> did say:

> "Grumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bGBlc.2421$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>> I give up.
>>
>> this will never get fixed, so time to smoke the hard drive and
>> reinstall

> Win
>> XP.
>>
>> Trouble is, I remember back in the day, when all one had to do
>> was enter

> dos
>> and type format c:
>>
>> OK, so how do I smoke everything off the hard drive and start
>> fresh.
>>

> Dunno...how *do* ya smoke a hard drive...kind of hard to keep it
> lit, isn't it? Like smoking salmon...same problem...

Smoked salmon.. very yummmy, sans green bits.

Plato

Boomer wrote:

> Smoked salmon.. very yummmy, sans green bits.

That was the very first sushi I ever ordered. If you order eel most
often its cooked as well in a toaster oven. Very tasty.