Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to prevent popup screens from appearing on zone alarm?

How to prevent popup screens from appearing on zone alarm?

Bun Mui

How to prevent popup screens from appearing on zone alarm?

I just want to leave my computer and don't allow any access or popups
appearing when I am gone.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Bun Mui

°Mike°

Block ports 137-139 (NETBIOS), and when you're
away from the computer, select the icon to
STOP all internet activity.

On 3 May 2004 10:25:23 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Bun Mui scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Paddy

Simply get a pop-up stopper
"Bun Mui" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> How to prevent popup screens from appearing on zone alarm?
>
> I just want to leave my computer and don't allow any access or popups
> appearing when I am gone.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bun Mui

trout

Bun Mui wrote:

> How to prevent popup screens from appearing on zone alarm?
>
> I just want to leave my computer and don't allow any access or popups
> appearing when I am gone.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bun Mui

You could right-click the Systray Icon and select "Engage Internet
Lock".
--
"Assuming, of course, that your computer doesn't need to be out and
about without you."

Bun Mui

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Block ports 137-139 (NETBIOS), and when you're
> away from the computer, select the icon to
> STOP all internet activity.

How do you block ports 137-139 (NETBIOS) ?

Thanks.

Bun Mui

°Mike°

On 3 May 2004 21:00:08 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Bun Mui scrawled:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> Block ports 137-139 (NETBIOS), and when you're
>> away from the computer, select the icon to
>> STOP all internet activity.

>How do you block ports 137-139 (NETBIOS) ?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bun Mui

In Zone Alarm, I don't know -- I don't have it.
Read the help files on how to block ports.

--
Basic computer maintenance