Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Fax Machines

Fax Machines

Anyone here can recommend a Fax machine that prints crisp, clear characters?

thanks

michael turner

On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:16:29 -0400, 2004 wrote:

> Anyone here can recommend a Fax machine that prints crisp, clear characters?

Get an inkjet or laser fax machine which prints on normal paper, rather
than a thermal one.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)

Scrote

2004 wrote:
>> Anyone here can recommend a Fax machine that prints crisp, clear
>> characters?
>>
>> thanks

Vitually any Data/Fax moden connected to/installed in virtually any
computer with suitable Fax sofware(included in XP) and an inkjet/laser
printer will do the job well; BUT if the incoming fax is in rag order
then you just get sharper rags!
--
The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

Scrote wrote:

> 2004 wrote:
>
>>>Anyone here can recommend a Fax machine that prints crisp, clear
>>>characters?
>>>
>>>thanks

> Vitually any Data/Fax moden connected to/installed in virtually any
> computer with suitable Fax sofware(included in XP) and an inkjet/laser
> printer will do the job well; BUT if the incoming fax is in rag order
> then you just get sharper rags!

Still working on my language skills, what is "rag order"?
and is it a term I can use in polite society?
Thanks!

Scrote

PalindrÔ~╗me wrote:
>> Scrote wrote:

>>> Vitually any Data/Fax moden connected to/installed in virtually any
>>> computer with suitable Fax sofware(included in XP) and an
>>> inkjet/laser printer will do the job well; BUT if the incoming fax
>>> is in rag order then you just get sharper rags!

>> Still working on my language skills, what is "rag order"?
>> and is it a term I can use in polite society?
>> Thanks!

Sorry military terminology - Like a pile of rags - not
sharp/wellpressed/smart etc
--

Scrote wrote:

> Palindrâ~»me wrote:

>>>Still working on my language skills, what is "rag order"?
>>>and is it a term I can use in polite society?
>>>Thanks!

> Sorry military terminology - Like a pile of rags - not
> sharp/wellpressed/smart etc

Oh, not shipshape and Bristol-fashion!

Scrote

Palindr?me wrote:
> Scrote wrote:

>> Sorry military terminology - Like a pile of rags - not
>> sharp/wellpressed/smart etc

> Oh, not shipshape and Bristol-fashion!

No. More " Like a bag of spanners" ish

--
The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.

Rodney Kelp

Why don't you just scan it into a .jpg file and email it. The person on the
other end can print it with Vueprint or some such program if need be. I
don't know why everybody has to print everything anyway. Just look at it and
file it on the computer. What's with all the paper?
Just like car registrations and such. It's all on computer. Why generate
hard copies? If a cop stops you he can look it up on the computer. It's time
to go paperless and save some trees and put all the pulp mill workers out of
work. We don't need to be passing all this paper around.

"2004" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone here can recommend a Fax machine that prints crisp, clear

characters?

> thanks

---