Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > High Speed USB

High Speed USB

sonsdad

Hi

I keep getting a message asking for a 'high speed USB' to allow my printer
to run quicker. I have a USB hub running but I am unaware about any
different speed hubs. Do they exist?

Thanking you all

Unknown

Where does the message come from? A higher speed USB (USB 2) won't do a thing
to speed up a printer.
"sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6Urlc.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I keep getting a message asking for a 'high speed USB' to allow my printer
> to run quicker. I have a USB hub running but I am unaware about any
> different speed hubs. Do they exist?
>
> Thanking you all

sonsdad

HI

The message appears from my system tray since moving to XP

Cheers
"Unknown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:erslc.14021$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Where does the message come from? A higher speed USB (USB 2) won't do a

thing
> to speed up a printer.
> "sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6Urlc.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > I keep getting a message asking for a 'high speed USB' to allow my

printer
> > to run quicker. I have a USB hub running but I am unaware about any
> > different speed hubs. Do they exist?
> >
> > Thanking you all

Toolman Tim

"sonsdad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6Urlc.80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I keep getting a message asking for a 'high speed USB' to allow my printer
> to run quicker. I have a USB hub running but I am unaware about any
> different speed hubs. Do they exist?
>
> Thanking you all

Yeah - what you have is a USB 2.0 interface in the printer, but a USB 1.x
hub in the computer. I don't know of any way to turn off that *stinking*
message. I get it too (scanner is USB 2.0). So I bought a PCI slot add-in
card with USB 2.0 and use that for my higher speed USB devices (camera,
scanner, external HD). The older stuff still goes on the original USB 1.x
and now I don't see that message anymore. (Card cost me like $10 or so.)