Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Multilanguage dotnetfx.exe Installer?

Multilanguage dotnetfx.exe Installer?

Jon Finch

Is is possible to create a multilanguage version of the dotnet framework
installer?

For example could I uncompress dotnetfx.exe to a directory then patch it
with a couple of language packs and rebuild it so that if people with a
French locale would see French text/prompts or people with a German locale
would see German text/prompts..

I don't want to have to do a silent install and then add a language pack as
I think many of our users would think that our installer had hung..

Any ideas? I need to make an application installer that will install my app
and the dotnet framework (if necessary) into 14 different languages, but I
can only find the dotnet installer in 1 language at a time then I have to
add the language packs seperately..

Thanks,

Jon

Greg Arnits

I believe this is by-design for VS7.1. Is this the version you are running?

Multilanguage calendar... Stu ASP .Net 3 11-28-2005 03:53 PM
Multilanguage Websites Andrew Smith ASP .Net 1 01-03-2005 10:12 PM
Problem with invoking the javahelp from menuitem for multilanguage support Priyanka AGARWAL Java 0 06-17-2004 01:18 PM
Multilanguage System (TAKE LABEL NAME) SOS Giovane Calabrese ASP .Net 0 12-15-2003 11:03 AM
IVR Tcl script and multilanguage support Primoz Jeroncic Cisco 1 10-25-2003 02:03 AM

Advertisments