Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB problems

USB problems

Not Bill Gates

Windows XP
AMD K6 450 Mhz
320 MB Ram
12 GB Hard drive

My PC has two USB ports however I have probably 6 accessories that utilize
USB.

Every time I remove a USB device and connect a new device, the screen
freezes.

To try and resolve the problem, I have done the following

Right Click My computer,
Click Properties
Click Hardware Tab
Click Device Manager

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
I deleted ALi PCI to USB Open Host controller
Deleted USB Root Hub

Then reboot

Same problem.

Before I take a sledge to this computer, what else can I do??

TT

Not Bill Gates wrote:
> Windows XP
> AMD K6 450 Mhz
> 320 MB Ram
> 12 GB Hard drive
>
> My PC has two USB ports however I have probably 6 accessories that utilize
> USB.
>
> Every time I remove a USB device and connect a new device, the screen
> freezes.
>
> To try and resolve the problem, I have done the following
>
> Right Click My computer,
> Click Properties
> Click Hardware Tab
> Click Device Manager
>
> Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
> I deleted ALi PCI to USB Open Host controller
> Deleted USB Root Hub
>
> Then reboot
>
> Same problem.
>
> Before I take a sledge to this computer, what else can I do??

Have you gone into the properties of the device, once connected, and
modified write caching?
If not, that may help...

pcbutts1

Get a hub.

"Not Bill Gates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hvilc.1980$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> Windows XP
> AMD K6 450 Mhz
> 320 MB Ram
> 12 GB Hard drive
>
> My PC has two USB ports however I have probably 6 accessories that utilize
> USB.
>
> Every time I remove a USB device and connect a new device, the screen
> freezes.
>
> To try and resolve the problem, I have done the following
>
> Right Click My computer,
> Click Properties
> Click Hardware Tab
> Click Device Manager
>
> Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
> I deleted ALi PCI to USB Open Host controller
> Deleted USB Root Hub
>
> Then reboot
>
> Same problem.
>
> Before I take a sledge to this computer, what else can I do??

Not Bill Gates

What is write caching??

Please say more..

SgtMinor

How stupid are you to continue posting with a stolen address?

Domain Name: MACROHARD.COM

Registrant:
MacroHard (FATLBLUBCD)
389 Adams Road
Greenfield, MA 01301-1361
US

Not Bill Gates wrote:

<snip>

Not Bill Gates

Not as stupid as you for whining, you chicken **** SKULL ****

May the Taliban steal your family.

Sano

On Mon, 03 May 2004 16:01:04 GMT, Not Bill Gates wrote:

> Not as stupid as you for whining, you chicken **** SKULL ****
>
> May the Taliban steal your family.

Just answer Sarge's post clownboi. You're using some one else's domain.

What part of "your a twit" don't you understand?