Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > internet explorer problems..

internet explorer problems..

the niner nation

Hi...I am having some very odd issues with internet explorer.
whenever I click on " open in new window" ie. right clicking on a web link,
I get the web page opening up as a half size page and have to keep
maximising it. I could live with this, but now when i try to ' open in new
window' i LOSE my original page and the ' new' page opens in half size.

this is driving me crazy!
can anyone please show me how i can get my internet explorer back to normal?

warmest thanks in anticipation...

--
The Voice of the 49ers
www.sf49ers.com

Toolman Tim

"the niner nation" <removeTHISdipak@take thisOUT49ers98.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote in message news:c73ven$9iv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi...I am having some very odd issues with internet explorer.
> whenever I click on " open in new window" ie. right clicking on a web

link,
> I get the web page opening up as a half size page and have to keep
> maximising it. I could live with this, but now when i try to ' open in new
> window' i LOSE my original page and the ' new' page opens in half size.
>
> this is driving me crazy!
> can anyone please show me how i can get my internet explorer back to

normal?

> warmest thanks in anticipation...

Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
resolution), and press ENTER:

javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)

When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
visible.

Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:

javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

(Above courtesy of °Mike°)
=============
Toolman

the niner nation

The Voice of the 49ers
www.sf49ers.com
www.KGO810am.com
www.nfl.com
"Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "the niner nation" <removeTHISdipak@take thisOUT49ers98.freeserve.co.uk>
> wrote in message news:c73ven$9iv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi...I am having some very odd issues with internet explorer.
> > whenever I click on " open in new window" ie. right clicking on a web

> link,
> > I get the web page opening up as a half size page and have to keep
> > maximising it. I could live with this, but now when i try to ' open in

new
> > window' i LOSE my original page and the ' new' page opens in half size.
> >
> > this is driving me crazy!
> > can anyone please show me how i can get my internet explorer back to

> normal?
> >
> > warmest thanks in anticipation...
> >

> Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
> window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
> following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
> resolution), and press ENTER:
>
> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
>
> When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
> window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
> visible.
>
> Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:
>
> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)
>
> (Above courtesy of °Mike°)
> =============
> Toolman

Thanks, Mike...I tried it...it didnt work, and when I try to open multiple
windows of IE, it keeps switching them off!!

wrote in message news:c7413o$tr6$(E-Mail Removed)...

> --
> The Voice of the 49ers
> www.sf49ers.com
> www.KGO810am.com
> www.nfl.com
> "Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "the niner nation" <removeTHISdipak@take thisOUT49ers98.freeserve.co.uk>
> > wrote in message news:c73ven$9iv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi...I am having some very odd issues with internet explorer.
> > > whenever I click on " open in new window" ie. right clicking on a web

> > link,
> > > I get the web page opening up as a half size page and have to keep
> > > maximising it. I could live with this, but now when i try to ' open in

> new
> > > window' i LOSE my original page and the ' new' page opens in half

size.

> > > this is driving me crazy!
> > > can anyone please show me how i can get my internet explorer back to

> > normal?
> > >
> > > warmest thanks in anticipation...
> > >

> > Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
> > window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
> > following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
> > resolution), and press ENTER:
> >
> > javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
> >
> > When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
> > window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
> > visible.
> >
> > Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:
> >
> > javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)
> >
> > (Above courtesy of °Mike°)
> > =============
> > Toolman
> >

> Thanks, Mike...I tried it...it didnt work, and when I try to open multiple
> windows of IE, it keeps switching them off!!

Actually, °Mike° didn't send you that - I did <g> (I just borrowed it from
one of his earlier posts). There's a chance you have a spyware type of
problem...and again, I'm just going to borrow this from °Mike° and/or Unk
(why should I retype all this stuff?):
==========
Ad-Aware by Lavasoft
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
http://security.kolla.de/
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
SpyBot S&D guide

NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

Also see http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)
========
Tim