Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pentium CPU vs Intel Celeron CPU and the Wireless Mouse

Pentium CPU vs Intel Celeron CPU and the Wireless Mouse

kirk lives!

I installed a wireless mouse.

The min.specs was for a Pentium CPU.

My computer has Intel Celeron CPU. (I thought otherwise when buying the
mouse)

(my computer fullfills all the other min specs)

The mouse seems to work ok until I have a few program running at once, at
which point everything freezes and even ctrl-alt-del doesn't do anyting - I
have to switch off and reboot.

Before installing mouse my computer rarely freezes, now it's almost every
other hour.

Being very clueless re: differences between different CPUs, could the
installation of the mouse be causing this freezing? And if so, in laymans
terms why???

P.

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

kirk lives! wrote:
> I installed a wireless mouse.
>
> The min.specs was for a Pentium CPU.
>
> My computer has Intel Celeron CPU. (I thought otherwise when buying the
> mouse)
>
> (my computer fullfills all the other min specs)
>
> The mouse seems to work ok until I have a few program running at once, at
> which point everything freezes and even ctrl-alt-del doesn't do anyting - I
> have to switch off and reboot.
>
> Before installing mouse my computer rarely freezes, now it's almost every
> other hour.
>
> Being very clueless re: differences between different CPUs, could the
> installation of the mouse be causing this freezing? And if so, in laymans
> terms why???
>
> P.

Did you uninstall the previous mouse? There is a possibility
that the old mouse driver and associated software could be
causing this.

It is unlikely that this is a processor issue.

There is a possibility that the drivers supplied with the
new mouse have bugs and getting the latest drivers from the
manufacturer's web site is almost invariably worth doing.

There is a possibility that the mouse wireless link is being
affected by other wireless devices nearby (e.g. cordless
telephone, cordless doorbell, cordless baby alarm, AV
re-transmitter).

Also there is a significant possibility that this is just
conicidence. Do you have adequate anti-virus, anti-spyware,
anti-intrusion measures in place?

SgtMinor

Domain Name: NIGHT.COM

Registrant:
Up at Night Productions (NIGHT-DOM)
P.O. Box 1166
Higley, AZ 85236-1166
US

"kirk lives!" wrote:

> I installed a wireless mouse.
>
> The min.specs was for a Pentium CPU.
>
> My computer has Intel Celeron CPU. (I thought otherwise when buying the
> mouse)
>
> (my computer fullfills all the other min specs)
>
> The mouse seems to work ok until I have a few program running at once, at
> which point everything freezes and even ctrl-alt-del doesn't do anyting - I
> have to switch off and reboot.
>
> Before installing mouse my computer rarely freezes, now it's almost every
> other hour.
>
> Being very clueless re: differences between different CPUs, could the
> installation of the mouse be causing this freezing? And if so, in laymans
> terms why???
>
> P.

kirk lives!

========

Domain Name: NIGHT.COM

Registrant:
Up at Night Productions (NIGHT-DOM)
P.O. Box 1166
Higley, AZ 85236-1166
US

=========

????????????????

SgtMinor

"kirk lives!" wrote:

> ========
>
> Domain Name: NIGHT.COM
>
> Registrant:
> Up at Night Productions (NIGHT-DOM)
> P.O. Box 1166
> Higley, AZ 85236-1166
> US
>
> http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
>
> =========

www.night.com is a registered domain name, and I'm guessing you are not
getting your emails there. Read the URL I posted to see if you can't
get some ideas about munging your posting address so as to not cause a
load of SPAM to be sent to uninvolved third parties.