Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Powerline ethernet

Powerline ethernet

TT

I have a college buddy that has acquired a free powerline
converter/adaptor(I haven't seen it)-the kind that will utilize the
household wiring for an antenna/router.
I sent him to a couple of googled sites on setup and use but has
anybody posting here actually used one of the arrangements in their own
house? I'd like to print out some actual "I use/used it and it works
well because... or it doesn't work well because... informational posts.
He is using a single dialup now and thinks it worth a shot...I
believe he wants to convert to DSL or ADSL for the incoming signal.
I'm concerned because he has a great big, 3 story (25 rooms-a
mother in law wing/servants's quarters, and 3 sets of stairs between
floors)100 yr old house with 80 yr old wiring in some places, I'm
sure...although a large amount of the wiring is less than 20 years old.
I've seen some of the old cable and post type of wiring in the
basement of this place-but I couldn't stay long down there because it
creeps me out...hah
I'll pass on anything you lovely people would care to share with us...
Thanks,
TT

Air Live HP-3000E 200Mbps Ethernet over Powerline Adapters Ian Front Page News 0 08-29-2008 08:20 AM
Powerline ethernet gene martinez Cisco 5 02-22-2006 11:52 PM
Powerline Ethernet Jim PKP Computer Support 7 03-02-2004 06:01 PM
Charger Ansman powerline 6 Yves Digital Photography 5 07-13-2003 02:38 PM

Advertisments