Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > e-mail messages

e-mail messages

kathy

Please does anyone know how I can save my a-mail messages onto CD I have
looked everywhere but I just don't know how to.

Thank-you
Kathy

Gordon

"kathy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Please does anyone know how I can save my a-mail messages onto CD I have
> looked everywhere but I just don't know how to.
>
> Thank-you
> Kathy

Might be a helpful idea to tell us what email client you are using?

kathy

Sorry about that I should have said outlook express.

> Sorry about that I should have said outlook express.

Then you need to go here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

kathy wrote:

> Please does anyone know how I can save my a-mail messages onto CD I have
> looked everywhere but I just don't know how to.
>
> Thank-you
> Kathy

It depends.

If you are using Outlook Express and if you have the CD
mounted and formatted, you can simply select the email
messages you want to copy and drag them onto a CD folder.

If the CD isn't mounted and formatted, you can drag email
messages into a hard disk folder and then use your CD
writing software to write the folder to CD.

If, on the other hand, you want to back up your Outlook
Express email folders, rather than take a copy of specific
messages, then you can do a search for *.dbx on your hard
disk and use your CD authoring software to copy ALL of them
onto your CD.

Of course, if you aren't using Outlook Express or want
something different. the solutions will be different!

For example, print out your email messages using very, very
small fonts and then neatly cut them out and glue them to
your CD. This will save your emails to CD, with the extra
advantage that you will be able to read your saved email
messsages whilst sitting in the bath, without the risk of
electrocution..

kathy

Thank-you Gordon for your help
I will check the site out
Kathy

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel PalindrÔ~╗me
decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> For example, print out your email messages using very, very
> small fonts and then neatly cut them out and glue them to
> your CD. This will save your emails to CD, with the extra
> advantage that you will be able to read your saved email
> messsages whilst sitting in the bath, without the risk of
> electrocution..

Except from the possible (but highly unlikely) discharge of static between
the slipcase and the disc.

However there is the added chance of plughole blockage, and possible
decapitation should things get mixed up when there is shampoo in the eyes.

So if you MUST read small printed-out emails, always keep a wet rag handy
for when you wash your hair.
--
slumpy
no more

kathy

Oh! I think you are being helpful (not)

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

slumpy wrote:

> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Palindrâ~»me
> decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
>

>>For example, print out your email messages using very, very
>>small fonts and then neatly cut them out and glue them to
>>your CD. This will save your emails to CD, with the extra
>>advantage that you will be able to read your saved email
>>messsages whilst sitting in the bath, without the risk of
>>electrocution..

> Except from the possible (but highly unlikely) discharge of static between
> the slipcase and the disc.
>
> However there is the added chance of plughole blockage, and possible
> decapitation should things get mixed up when there is shampoo in the eyes.
>
> So if you MUST read small printed-out emails, always keep a wet rag handy
> for when you wash your hair.

However, if you keep a bull in the bathroom, make sure that
the rag is not red. If it is, or you are singularly
unfortunate in finding yourself with a colour-blind bull,
read out any email messages that you may have received from
the government and it will recognise you as a kindred
spirit. Don't overdo this and don't let it see a reflection
of itself in the shiny CD - or it might get the idea you are
either another male or, worse, a female.

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel kathy decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> Oh! I think you are being helpful (not)

Tell me that when your head is falling off ! Eh ?

Palindr?me's reply is serious at first, before it just degenerates into
playground humour.

"It's the bath thing, he has a thing about water"
--
slumpy
no more