video card swap

dakine

i just got a new dell 8300 with the ati radeon 9800 pro 128 card and
it makes more noise than an 18 wheeler on the freeway and i dont
like/want it. so i bought a lesser card from dell and have the driver
for it but cant figure out an exact plan for the swap without going to
driver hell. is it as easy as shutting down , swapping cards, booting
- will the old drivers get in the way of the boot/win2k load - then
installing the new drivers. oh yea, i am not a gamer at all...hearts
and freecell and thats it. dell refuses to support me because i
installed win2k instead of keeping their xp home, so i really need
some solid advice here and TIA

Unk

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:33:09 GMT, dakine <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i just got a new dell 8300 with the ati radeon 9800 pro 128 card and
>it makes more noise than an 18 wheeler on the freeway and i dont
>like/want it. so i bought a lesser card from dell and have the driver
>for it but cant figure out an exact plan for the swap without going to
>driver hell. is it as easy as shutting down , swapping cards, booting
>- will the old drivers get in the way of the boot/win2k load - then
>installing the new drivers. oh yea, i am not a gamer at all...hearts
>and freecell and thats it. dell refuses to support me because i
>installed win2k instead of keeping their xp home, so i really need
>some solid advice here and TIA

Just swap out the card. Windows will find the new card and install the
drivers for it. If the drivers ARE needed, just point device wizard to the
media you have the drivers on.
As for the old drivers, don't worry over it. They take very little HD space
and won't cause a problem. Besides, if you ever put the card back in, it'll
work right off as the drivers are already installed.

Win

Dell sold you a computer that you were not happy with then supplied you
another card but did not offer to put it in for you
slace
what about your warranty

remove drivers for ati in add remove programs
take side off pc
turn off wall socket
unscrew top card
pull it out
push new one in
put pc back together
turn on
wait for everything to load
you may have to click next next next a few times
your may even be asked to restart
doso if asked
once windows is all loaded
put in video card cd and load drivers by following instructions

Lastly
NEVER BUY DELL AGAIN

ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
And what are you going to do with the old card

"dakine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i just got a new dell 8300 with the ati radeon 9800 pro 128 card and
> it makes more noise than an 18 wheeler on the freeway and i dont
> like/want it. so i bought a lesser card from dell and have the driver
> for it but cant figure out an exact plan for the swap without going to
> driver hell. is it as easy as shutting down , swapping cards, booting
> - will the old drivers get in the way of the boot/win2k load - then
> installing the new drivers. oh yea, i am not a gamer at all...hearts
> and freecell and thats it. dell refuses to support me because i
> installed win2k instead of keeping their xp home, so i really need
> some solid advice here and TIA

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
> And what are you going to do with the old card

Are you 'fo real' too ?

I've read two posts by you, and both make so little sense they need reading
at least twice.

Either:

a) read your posts BEFORE you send them, to see if they make sense.
b) take a deep breath every now and then, it helps to control your typing.
c) don't post.
--
slumpy
no more

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

slumpy wrote:

> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win decided it
> was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
>

>>ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
>>And what are you going to do with the old card

> Are you 'fo real' too ?
>
> I've read two posts by you, and both make so little sense they need reading
> at least twice.
>
> Either:
>
> a) read your posts BEFORE you send them, to see if they make sense.
> b) take a deep breath every now and then, it helps to control your typing.
> c) don't post.

You coud have added:
d) Sack your current EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher
e) Get a new EFL teacher eith a recognised qualification - avoiding
Australians, if possible*.

* Not that Australians don't produce good EFL teachers, this is just
general life-advice.

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel PalindrÔ~╗me
decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> slumpy wrote:
>
>> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win
>> decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
>>

>>> ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
>>> And what are you going to do with the old card

>> Are you 'fo real' too ?
>>
>> I've read two posts by you, and both make so little sense they need
>> reading at least twice.
>>
>> Either:
>>
>> a) read your posts BEFORE you send them, to see if they make sense.
>> b) take a deep breath every now and then, it helps to control your
>> typing. c) don't post.

> You coud have added:
> d) Sack your current EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher
> e) Get a new EFL teacher eith a recognised qualification - avoiding
> Australians, if possible*.
>

> * Not that Australians don't produce good EFL teachers, this is just
> general life-advice.

*agreed
--
slumpy
no more

Win

like it lump it me no care
The advice is sound even if the spelling ain't
have a dictionary but to spellcheck my work is to much like work
so put up with it misspeld and with no grammer
or read it not at all
of cause you can pay for the spellchecked advice
plenty do but not at hours like now

"PalindrÔ~╗me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6qm5s$f6jbj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> slumpy wrote:
>
> > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win decided

it
> > was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
> >

> >>ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
> >>And what are you going to do with the old card

> > Are you 'fo real' too ?
> >
> > I've read two posts by you, and both make so little sense they need

reading
> > at least twice.
> >
> > Either:
> >
> > a) read your posts BEFORE you send them, to see if they make sense.
> > b) take a deep breath every now and then, it helps to control your

typing.
> > c) don't post.

> You coud have added:
> d) Sack your current EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher
> e) Get a new EFL teacher eith a recognised qualification - avoiding
> Australians, if possible*.
>

> * Not that Australians don't produce good EFL teachers, this is just
> general life-advice.

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> like it lump it me no care
> The advice is sound even if the spelling ain't
> have a dictionary but to spellcheck my work is to much like work
> so put up with it misspeld and with no grammer
> or read it not at all
> of cause you can pay for the spellchecked advice
> plenty do but not at hours like now

WHAT ????

Do you fart and put it through a voice recognition program ?
--
slumpy
no more

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=

Win wrote:

> like it lump it me no care
> The advice is sound even if the spelling ain't
> have a dictionary but to spellcheck my work is to much like work
> so put up with it misspeld and with no grammer
> or read it not at all
> of cause you can pay for the spellchecked advice
> plenty do but not at hours like now

Language is a tool and, like any tool, benefits no one if it is
misused. Grammer isn't there for fun; it is there to make the author's
meaning clear and to help avoid ambiguity. Spelling is important too,
particularly if your audience includes those for whom english is
difficult. Coping with a foreign language is difficult enough, without
having that compounded by words that they can't find in their
dictionaries.

FWIW, I do commend you for trying to help people. But please consider
going the extra inch to make your posts as readable and as
understandable as you can. Just put yourself in the position of some
of your readers and imagine what it must be like. Unless, of course,
you are a Parisian* and hence enjoy making life difficult for people.

* OK. That is a bit unfair, I should have included Parisiennes.
> <snip>

Win

<snip>

> Do you fart and put it through a voice recognition program ?

hahaha
like it
must go fart.com and try that

I simply cannot spell