Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CD writer and Dvd writer problem

CD writer and Dvd writer problem

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

Hi
I recently purchased a pioneer 107 drive.
At first all my cds were fine but now, I get an error when I verify a disc
after burning.
On my system I have a 80gig WD HD and a 160gig WD HD on IDE channel 1, a
plextor premium and the pioneer A07 on IDE 2.
I get the disc errors on both drives when once burnt.
It may be just one or two of the files, but never the whole disc.

Could this be something to do with the IDE controllers or the connector on
the mobo or maybe just a shagged cable

Cheers

Gareth

P.S many apologies for my crap spelling

philo

Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:
> Hi
> I recently purchased a pioneer 107 drive.
> At first all my cds were fine but now, I get an error when I verify a disc
> after burning.
> On my system I have a 80gig WD HD and a 160gig WD HD on IDE channel 1, a
> plextor premium and the pioneer A07 on IDE 2.
> I get the disc errors on both drives when once burnt.
> It may be just one or two of the files, but never the whole disc.
>
> Could this be something to do with the IDE controllers or the connector on
> the mobo or maybe just a shagged cable
>
> Cheers
>
> Gareth
>
> P.S many apologies for my crap spelling

try shutting down any apps you may have running...
also try burning at a slower speed

PC

"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6nskg$e5ct7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hi
> I recently purchased a pioneer 107 drive.
> At first all my cds were fine but now, I get an error when I verify a disc
> after burning.
> On my system I have a 80gig WD HD and a 160gig WD HD on IDE channel 1, a
> plextor premium and the pioneer A07 on IDE 2.
> I get the disc errors on both drives when once burnt.
> It may be just one or two of the files, but never the whole disc.
>
> Could this be something to do with the IDE controllers or the connector on
> the mobo or maybe just a shagged cable
>
> Cheers
>
> Gareth
>
> P.S many apologies for my crap spelling

H Gareth

I have a somewhat similar problem here with an Asus CDRW, Nu Tech DVD/CDRW
combo. Both drives will write no problems (various disks, various speeds,
all with Nero) but both drives are reluctant to recognise the same disk when
placed back in the drive after ejection. Commercial (or magazine disks for
that matter) will usually read no problem in either drive.

I have found these CDR's will often read better after 'populating' the
volume tab under the drives 'properies' (XP) though they often won't show
the volume label.

Don't think it is a master/slave issue as I originally had the same layout
of Hd's on IDE 1 and CDR(s) on IDE2 but have changed to one HD and one CDR
on each channel (DVD/CDRW is Master on IDE 2).

What I have noticed is that these problems have only appeared since I went
to two Burners from a Reader/burner combo. My wife's PC with a reader/burner
combo has no problem reading a freshly burnt CDR from my machine.

I've been speculating it may be a ASPI layer issue or possibly firmware
incompatibility in different brands of burners.
Nero CD-DVD Speed test's show similar c2 error paterns. Have you 'tested
your CDR's with Nero CD-DVD Speed ?
If you haven't got it you can get it from http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

Cheers
Paul

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

> H Gareth
>
> I have a somewhat similar problem here with an Asus CDRW, Nu Tech DVD/CDRW
> combo. Both drives will write no problems (various disks, various speeds,
> all with Nero) but both drives are reluctant to recognise the same disk

when
> placed back in the drive after ejection. Commercial (or magazine disks for
> that matter) will usually read no problem in either drive.
>
> I have found these CDR's will often read better after 'populating' the
> volume tab under the drives 'properies' (XP) though they often won't show
> the volume label.
>
> Don't think it is a master/slave issue as I originally had the same layout
> of Hd's on IDE 1 and CDR(s) on IDE2 but have changed to one HD and one CDR
> on each channel (DVD/CDRW is Master on IDE 2).
>
> What I have noticed is that these problems have only appeared since I went
> to two Burners from a Reader/burner combo. My wife's PC with a

reader/burner
> combo has no problem reading a freshly burnt CDR from my machine.
>
> I've been speculating it may be a ASPI layer issue or possibly firmware
> incompatibility in different brands of burners.
> Nero CD-DVD Speed test's show similar c2 error paterns. Have you 'tested
> your CDR's with Nero CD-DVD Speed ?
> If you haven't got it you can get it from http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
>
> Cheers
> Paul

I can read the disc, but when i use the verify data on disc after burning
with nero, there are differences between the data on the disc and the data
on the cd]