Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spywear software

Spywear software

Rob

I am looking for a good spyware program that I can use for home use. Can
anyone give me some feedback that what I need to use & how much it costs?

Thanks.

Rob

John

if you want spyware protection you need the following freeware programs

spyware guard -
a.. SpywareGuard scans files BEFORE they are opened/run/executed, and can
block access to the file (if spyware is detected) BEFORE it is run.

Thus, if a spyware file is detected by SpywareGuard, it will not be opened
or run at all.

SpywareGuard also provides unique Download Protection (IE-only), which
blocks spyware downloads, and Browser Hijack Protection, which alerts of
browser hijacking activity in real-time.

SpyBlaster
- prevent spyware installs, SpywareBlaster pioneered the
effective use of prevention techniques to reduce or greatly eliminate
spyware-related problems, as well as problems related to other unwanted
software such as dialers, browser hijackers, and adware.

those two programs stop spyware being installed on your pc

and you also need spybot search and destroy and ad-ware, these two programs
will remove any spyware from your pc

these are the links for all the programs

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

also there is IE spypad
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm#IESPYAD

newsnIjc.57298$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> I am looking for a good spyware program that I can use for home use. Can
> anyone give me some feedback that what I need to use & how much it costs?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rob

Boomer

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> did say:

> I am looking for a good spyware program that I can use for home
> use. Can anyone give me some feedback that what I need to use &
> how much it costs?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rob

Hi
Install, immediately update then run, at least, the first four.

Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
hijackers and security/privacy issues.
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Spyware Blaster

CoolWebShredder

HijackThis
http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

Info on above and more.

Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

~ Spyware Information ~
http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

~Other software~
http://www.wilders.org/

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
alt.comp.anti-virus

Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
http://www.symantec.com/homecomputin...ry/topten.html

°Mike°

All of the following are free, and all should
be updated and used regularly.

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:42:43 GMT, in
<DnIjc.57298$(E-Mail Removed) m>
Rob scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Pat

Go to Spybot for a free download
newsnIjc.57298$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> I am looking for a good spyware program that I can use for home use. Can
> anyone give me some feedback that what I need to use & how much it costs?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rob

ProfGene

Spybot is good and it is free

x@y

"John" <n/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message ...
> and just to let you know ALL these programs are SCUMWARE. they

pretend to be
> removing spyware but they are actually putting their own

spyware in your
> computer.
>
> AdProtector
> AdWare Remover Gold
> BPS Spyware Remover
> InternetAntiSpy
> Online PC-Fix
> SpyAssault
> SpyBan
> SpyBlast
> SpyFerret
> SpyGone
> SpyHunter
> SpyKiller
> SpyKiller Pro
> SpywareNuker
> Spy Wiper
> Stop Sign
> TZ Spyware-Adware Remover
> Virtual Bouncer
> xp-AntiSpy
>
> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsnIjc.57298$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> > I am looking for a good spyware program that I can use for

home use. Can
> > anyone give me some feedback that what I need to use & how

much it costs?

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Rob

Hello "John" !!
I am using "SpyWare Killer" PC Software. From Cosmi.
Their Website @: www.cosmi.com
Is this also in Your above List under different title??
I do not see a perfect title match.
Please let me know on this thread.
Thanks. x@y.

gurnmaster

that list is taken from a user on a forum who knows what he is talking about
(not me as you can guess)

i suggest you log onto http://www.web-user.co.uk, join there forum and ask
them about the spyware program you are running as they can tell you if it is
a fake or the real deal

just be on the safe side, as you dont want a program on your pc that is
doing you more harm then good

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

x@y

"gurnmaster" <n/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> that list is taken from a user on a forum who knows what he is

talking about
> (not me as you can guess)
>
> i suggest you log onto http://www.web-user.co.uk, join there

forum and ask
> them about the spyware program you are running as they can tell

you if it is
> a fake or the real deal

Hello !! and,
Thank You very much for the above Link,
I will visit the Website and learn more.
x@y.

> just be on the safe side, as you dont want a program on your pc

that is
> doing you more harm then good
>
> "x@y" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > newsnIjc.57298$(E-Mail Removed). com...

for
> > home use. Can

how