Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > i keep geting a anti virus email from blueyonder saying the same thing

i keep geting a anti virus email from blueyonder saying the same thing

jimmy clarke

can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
thing in my email inbox

---

Trent SC

> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
> thing in my email inbox

Firstly, consider changing your email address - you're posting it to a
public newsgroup and they are frequently harvested for spammers and virus
distributors. Then make sure you disguise your new address properly (I
recall °Mike° has referenced a url on this recently with good instructions).

Then set up a message rule to automatically delete from the server any
message containing the text that you say is in the infected mail. You'll
find message rules under Tools > Message Rules > Mail.

And lastly, make sure you have a good anti virus application, and that you
keep it up to date. I recently worked on a colleague's computer which had
over 1,000 infected files on. They had Norton installed and assumed it was
doing the job, despite not having been updated for over a year.

°Mike°

What would that "same thing" be?

And please turn off the broken AVG signature. It serve NO purpose.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:27:21 +0100, in
<5cAjc.38$(E-Mail Removed)>
jimmy clarke scrawled:

>can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
>thing in my email inbox

<snip broken signature>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Boomer

"jimmy clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> did say:

> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the
> same thing in my email inbox

[snip sig]

~ Munging ~
http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

If you use Outlook Express go to...
Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
and "Reply address" fields.

Example: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid

Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

~ Spambots ~
http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail...t/makebait.asp

~ Harvesting ~
http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcasel...arvesting.html

~Safe Hex ~
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/safehex.html
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

Freeware programs:
SpamPal for Windows http://www.spampal.org/
FrontGateMX http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml

Unpatched IE security holes
http://pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

Protecting Your Privacy & Security
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel jimmy clarke
decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the
> same thing in my email inbox
>

> ---

See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?

See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?

Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?

See the button on your keyboard that says 'delete' ?

Have a guess.....
--
slumpy
no more

Pat

You only need help with the English language first!
"jimmy clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5cAjc.38$(E-Mail Removed)...
> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
> thing in my email inbox
>

> ---

ICee

slumpy wrote:
> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel jimmy
> clarke decided it was time to put the World to rights with this
> little gem:
>
>> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the
>> same thing in my email inbox
>>

>> ---

> See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?
>
> See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?
>
> Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?
>
> See the button on your keyboard that says 'delete' ?
>
> Have a guess.....

LOL !

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel ICee decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

>>> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the
>>> same thing in my email inbox
>>>

>> See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?
>>
>> See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?
>>
>> Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?
>>
>> See the button on your keyboard that says 'delete' ?
>>
>> Have a guess.....

> LOL !

The emails probably all say

"GREETINGS TO YOU MOST WORTHY PARTNER"

Falicitations and greetings to you, most honourable (as yet unmet) person.

I am the SON of the late CHIEF Amazulu of The Bank of Western Nigerian
Democratic Society (419 branch).....
--
slumpy
no more

ICee

slumpy wrote:
> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel ICee
> decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

>>> See your st00piD out-of-date sig ?
>>>
>>> See the st00piD out-of-date DATE on it ?
>>>
>>> Do you realise you are 10 (yes, TEN!!!) updates behind ?
>>>
>>> See the button on your keyboard that says 'delete' ?
>>>
>>> Have a guess.....

>> LOL !

> The emails probably all say
>
> "GREETINGS TO YOU MOST WORTHY PARTNER"
>
> Falicitations and greetings to you, most honourable (as yet unmet)
> person.
>
> I am the SON of the late CHIEF Amazulu of The Bank of Western Nigerian
> Democratic Society (419 branch).....

ROTFL MAO

Plato

jimmy clarke wrote:

> can any 1 help me please i have about 380 of the eamils saying the same
> thing in my email inbox

Make sure you're not the one sending them as many trojans do and they
just may be "returns".

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/