Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > avp32 has caused an error

avp32 has caused an error

Shamah

Hi all

I seem to be having problems running my virus checker, while in middle
of scanning the c:drive an error appears stating:

"AVP32 has occurred an error in kernel32.dll
avp will now close.....restart your computer"

OS is windows me and virus checker is kaspersky anti virus
I would really appreciate some help on this.

Thanks in advance
Shamah

Trent SC

> I seem to be having problems running my virus checker, while in middle
> of scanning the c:drive an error appears stating:
>
> "AVP32 has occurred an error in kernel32.dll
> avp will now close.....restart your computer"
>
> OS is windows me and virus checker is kaspersky anti virus
> I would really appreciate some help on this.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Shamah

The virus bugbear is known to attempt to disable a number of popular anti
virus applications, and this site
(http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/alerts/id/advise133) suggests that AVP32 is
one of the applications that it will terminate, so there's a possibility
that you may have a virus infection. Try going to
http://housecall.antivirus.com to run an online scan/cleanup.

°Mike°

First of all, clean out your system:

Uninstall KAV and run AT LEAST two on-line
scanners:

Online Antivirus scanners:
================
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

Reinstall and update KAV, and if you still have problems,
see:

Troubleshooting KERNEL32.DLL Errors
http://aumha.org/win4/a/kernel32.php

Troubleshooting Kernel32.dll errors and Invalid Page Faults
http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32.html

Kernel32 - Errors
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/errkrn32.htm

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:49:04 +0100, in