Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Redirecting protocols through Secure Shell

Redirecting protocols through Secure Shell

Irony Alert

Does anyone know of any remote protocols that can be redirected through SSH?

VNC does this, but doesn't provide for file transfers. I've even tried
enabling clipboard functionality in a VNC session and doing a cut and paste,
but that fails. Does anyone know if FTP or TFTP can be set up to do this?
I'm running into problems getting SFTP to work over a WAN connection so I
thought that porting another file transfer protocol through SSH would be the
next best thing.

Thanks