Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > recovery console

recovery console

AD

I was following "The Elder Geek" (brilliant site by the way) step by step
guide on setting up the recovery console.
As I have a folder on my C drive called I386 I did:
Click [Start] [Run] and type in C:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

It went through the Dynamic update etc but then I got the message:
"the option to upgrade will not be available at this time because Setup was
unable to load the file c:\i386\winntupg\netupgrd.dll

When I clicked retry the same happened. Can I skip this file, but then what
will happen to the recovery console?
Regards
AD