-------------------
De :Thierry ((E-Mail Removed))
Objet roblem burning CD-RW : nero sends "error following track"

Groupes de discussion :comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
Date :2004-01-05 09:48:48 PST

My CD recorder (LG CD-RW CED-8080B 24x 8x 2x no Burnproof) works very
well when burning CD-Rs, but with CD-RWs it almost always fails (not
quite always, I have a couple of discs which I have used several times
- media brand is not the issue).

With Nero 6, I get a message "error following track". I get similar
reactions from Clone CD.

My system is a PC Athlon 2500+ with 512 MB RAM running Windows XP, but
I already had the probleme with my previous configuration (Pentium
II/Windows 9.

My DMA settings are OK.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!
Thierry

Patrick

Thierry wrote:
> I found the solution, here it is if anyone is interested:
>
> As my burner does CD-RW in 2x, it does not work with the most recent
> media with minimum speed 4x.
>
> Finding "slower" CD-RW labelled 1x - 4x solved the problem.

I have same CD-Burner, I bought some higher speed write-discs once, but they
didn't work (couldn't see them)
The CD's that I use at moment are;
TDK d-view CD-RECORDABLE 700mb (upto 24x mutli speed)
DURABRAND Recordable 700mb 24x Multispeed
TDK REWRITABLE 700mb 4X Multispeed

Above sort of agreeing with what you've said.