Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hearing The Phone Ring When Online

Hearing The Phone Ring When Online

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Mary decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> I actually tried something similar. A vaccum sales person called me (I
> ignored the call with the help of Caller ID). Shortly after, I hit
> 'call back' and asked the sap if she'd like to buy my bird from me. I
> laughed my ass off so hard that I had to hang up (after explaining to
> her why I was calling). She was SO confused to why I was calling her.
> It was hilarious.

I am going to try to persuade the next one to put me through to their
manager to see if they want to change telephone supplier or computer
contract.
--
slumpy
no more

Mary

"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6k4b0$ctmmm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Mary decided

it
> was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
>
> > I actually tried something similar. A vaccum sales person called me (I
> > ignored the call with the help of Caller ID). Shortly after, I hit
> > 'call back' and asked the sap if she'd like to buy my bird from me. I
> > laughed my ass off so hard that I had to hang up (after explaining to
> > her why I was calling). She was SO confused to why I was calling her.
> > It was hilarious.

> I am going to try to persuade the next one to put me through to their
> manager to see if they want to change telephone supplier or computer
> contract.
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just me
> (well what the **** did you expect ?)

That should be good. Give us an update when ya do. Also-don't know where you
live, but we have a 'No-Call List', I've signed up for it numerous times,
but the buggars now can get through it by a new law-displaying at least
their name or phone number. No-Call List-useless.
--
Mary

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Mary decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> That should be good. Give us an update when ya do. Also-don't know
> where you live, but we have a 'No-Call List', I've signed up for it
> numerous times, but the buggars now can get through it by a new
> law-displaying at least their name or phone number. No-Call
> List-useless.

No, we have the "Sorry you're wasting your time and mine" tactic, followed
closely by "**** off" and the phone going down.

This is pretty close to me and cold-callers
http://www.slumpy.fast24.co.uk/BT.mp3
--
slumpy
no more
no less
just me
(well what the **** did you expect ?)

Mary

"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6k547$cpa68$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Mary decided

it
> was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
>
> > That should be good. Give us an update when ya do. Also-don't know
> > where you live, but we have a 'No-Call List', I've signed up for it
> > numerous times, but the buggars now can get through it by a new
> > law-displaying at least their name or phone number. No-Call
> > List-useless.

> No, we have the "Sorry you're wasting your time and mine" tactic, followed
> closely by "**** off" and the phone going down.
>
> This is pretty close to me and cold-callers
> http://www.slumpy.fast24.co.uk/BT.mp3
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just me
> (well what the **** did you expect ?)

OMG-that is TOO funny! I can just imagine you saying this...LOL Thanks for
the laugh!!! I needed it
--
Mary

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Mary decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c6k547$cpa68$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Mary
>> decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
>>
>>> That should be good. Give us an update when ya do. Also-don't know
>>> where you live, but we have a 'No-Call List', I've signed up for it
>>> numerous times, but the buggars now can get through it by a new
>>> law-displaying at least their name or phone number. No-Call
>>> List-useless.

>> No, we have the "Sorry you're wasting your time and mine" tactic,
>> followed closely by "**** off" and the phone going down.
>>
>> This is pretty close to me and cold-callers
>> http://www.slumpy.fast24.co.uk/BT.mp3
>> --
>> slumpy
>> no more
>> no less
>> just me
>> (well what the **** did you expect ?)
>>

> OMG-that is TOO funny! I can just imagine you saying this...LOL
> Thanks for the laugh!!! I needed it

And it /is/ real
--
slumpy
no more

Toolman Tim

"Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there a free service where I can simply hear the phone ring when
> > receiving an incoming call when I am online. I don't want any kind of
> > rollover or answering machine.
> >

> > Callwave seems to have a service like this, but I was unable to figure

out
> > how to access it.
> >
> > TIA
> >

> > David

> If you are using WinXP, you can configure your modem with 'Modem on Hold',
> which will let you have your Internet Connection and allow you to receive

> short phone call without disconnecting you from the internet.
> Hope this helps.

Mary, I believe that only works if you have a V.92 modem. All mine are older
than that ;o) (But it would have made a good excuse for an upgrade...except
I'm on cable now...) So the OP needs to check out his modem's hardware
properties.

Mary

"Toolman Tim" <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote in message
><snip>
>
> Mary, I believe that only works if you have a V.92 modem. All mine are

older
> than that ;o) (But it would have made a good excuse for an

upgrade...except
> I'm on cable now...) So the OP needs to check out his modem's hardware
> properties.

Well, they didn't mention what they have, so I had to put in my 2 cents-FWIW

--
Mary

Mary

"slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6k6t8$d5mqr$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
<snip>
> > OMG-that is TOO funny! I can just imagine you saying this...LOL
> > Thanks for the laugh!!! I needed it

> And it /is/ real
> --
> slumpy
> no more
> no less
> just me
> (well what the **** did you expect ?)

We have some goodies like that from here in the states, too.
--
Mary

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Mary decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> "slumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c6k6t8$d5mqr$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> <snip>
>>> OMG-that is TOO funny! I can just imagine you saying this...LOL
>>> Thanks for the laugh!!! I needed it

>> And it /is/ real
>> --
>> slumpy
>> no more
>> no less
>> just me
>> (well what the **** did you expect ?)
>>

> We have some goodies like that from here in the states, too.

I would never assume we have the monopoly on arrogance and rudeness
--
slumpy
"Let's face it, The States wins that one hands down"