Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer Won't Shut Down

Computer Won't Shut Down

Doug

This is the first time this has happened to me. When I try to shut down from
the Start menu nothing happens. Suggestions?

Windows XP

Boomer

"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:KABic.93$(E-Mail Removed):

> This is the first time this has happened to me. When I try to shut
> down from the Start menu nothing happens. Suggestions?
>
> Windows XP

Hi

Do you have permission to use Nospam.net in your address?
Domain Name: NOSPAM.NET

Registrant:
Ultimate Search
GPO Box 7862
Hong Kong

Posted earlier today:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 308029
Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q308029

Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

And general Windows info
"Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

ICee

Doug wrote:
> This is the first time this has happened to me. When I try to shut
> down from the Start menu nothing happens. Suggestions?
>
> Windows XP

"Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

XP Shutdown & Restat Troubleshooting
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

gb

Do you have Norton Antivirus 2003? If so, this could do the trick:

gb

"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KABic.93$(E-Mail Removed)...
| This is the first time this has happened to me. When I try to shut down
from
| the Start menu nothing happens. Suggestions?
|
| Windows XP

Doug

Thanks to all who replied. I did a System Restore and everything is okay
now.