Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > "Article to big" - Posting problem with Forte Agent - Please respond

"Article to big" - Posting problem with Forte Agent - Please respond

prk

When I try to post rars as attachments with Forte Agent, I only get
the message that the article is too big. What am I doing wrong?

I can see there is people on all groups posting applications and other
stuff that is several hundreds of MB big. My postings have only been
from about 10 - 30 MB. Guess there is something I'm doing the wrong
way.

I did it like this:

1. New usenet message
2. added my rar-files and par-files as attachment to that one message,
and started posting it.
3. Error occurs when posting is almost done "Article to big"

Iceman

"prk" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to post rars as attachments with Forte Agent, I only get
> the message that the article is too big. What am I doing wrong?
>
> I can see there is people on all groups posting applications and other
> stuff that is several hundreds of MB big. My postings have only been
> from about 10 - 30 MB. Guess there is something I'm doing the wrong
> way.
>
> I did it like this:
>
> 1. New usenet message
> 2. added my rar-files and par-files as attachment to that one message,
> and started posting it.
> 3. Error occurs when posting is almost done "Article to big"

Enable the

Group | [Default] Properties | Send Files
[x] Send large messages as multiple messages

setting.

Your newsserver may be limiting the size of binaries.

why?

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:23:00 GMT, prk wrote:

>When I try to post rars as attachments with Forte Agent, I only get
>the message that the article is too big. What am I doing wrong?
>
>I can see there is people on all groups posting applications and other
>stuff that is several hundreds of MB big. My postings have only been
>from about 10 - 30 MB. Guess there is something I'm doing the wrong
>way.

You need to split the post into sections. Check the group FAQs or ask if
there are any rules about post sizes/segments.

One set of guides,
http://www.mp3-faq.org/faq4.html#4.13

See Agent Help for the settings in -
Group (Properties / Default Properties) / Sending Files / Send large
messages as multiple.

Also try Power Post, http://www.cosmicwolf.com/power_post_2000.htm
I haven't use it for a while or since u/g to Agent 2.

>I did it like this:
>
>1. New usenet message
>2. added my rar-files and par-files as attachment to that one message,
>and started posting it.

Each RAR and PAR should be a post each, Power Post does this.

>3. Error occurs when posting is almost done "Article to big"

Your ISP/Usenet service will tell you the max limit.

Me