Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Open Slots Viewer

Reply
Thread Tools

Open Slots Viewer

 
 
Norm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2004
Am I having a senior moment or do I recall a Windows app that showed a
graphic of the MOBO and the open slots by type, i.e., PCI, ISA, etc?

To make matters worse, I just spent 30 minutes looking for it on my Win98SE
system. That's how sure I was that I had seen such an animal.

I need to install a card and I would like to know what is available BEFORE I
open the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Norm


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-22-2004
Something like this?
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/slots.gif


On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:35:19 GMT, in
<HMXhc.1354$(E-Mail Removed)>
Norm scrawled:

>Am I having a senior moment or do I recall a Windows app that showed a
>graphic of the MOBO and the open slots by type, i.e., PCI, ISA, etc?
>
>To make matters worse, I just spent 30 minutes looking for it on my Win98SE
>system. That's how sure I was that I had seen such an animal.
>
>I need to install a card and I would like to know what is available BEFORE I
>open the case.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>
>Norm
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Holmes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004
Norm came up with this:

> Am I having a senior moment or do I recall a Windows app that showed a
> graphic of the MOBO and the open slots by type, i.e., PCI, ISA, etc?
>
> To make matters worse, I just spent 30 minutes looking for it on my
> Win98SE system. That's how sure I was that I had seen such an animal.
>
> I need to install a card and I would like to know what is available
> BEFORE I open the case.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>
> Norm
>
>


aida32. Use your favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
know what a search engine is.

--
-John Holmes-







 
Reply With Quote
 
Norm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004

"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > aida32. Use your
favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
> know what a search engine is.
>
> --
> -John Holmes-
>


I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you are
about 3 days out of time.

http://www.aida32.hu/

* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *

They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

Any other brilliant ideas?

Norm


 
Reply With Quote
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004
X-No-Archive: Yes
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:

>
>"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > aida32. Use your
>favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
>> know what a search engine is.
>>
>> --
>> -John Holmes-
>>

>
>I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you are
>about 3 days out of time.


And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something else.

>http://www.aida32.hu/
>
>* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
>
>They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.


Not exactly.....

>Any other brilliant ideas?


http://www.aida32.hu/

at the bottom of the page

Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://www.lavalys.com

Copyright © 2004 Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc. - All rights reserved.

* You will be automatically redirected to Lavalys web site in 30
seconds...

* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *


Wait the 30 seconds or click the link,

http://www.lavalys.com/


Read the page , it says -


Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC
users.


Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
Norm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004

"why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> X-No-Archive: Yes
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:
>
> >
> >"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > aida32. Use your
> >favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
> >> know what a search engine is.
> >>
> >> --
> >> -John Holmes-
> >>

> >
> >I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you are
> >about 3 days out of time.

>
> And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something else.
>
> >http://www.aida32.hu/
> >
> >* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
> >
> >They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

>
> Not exactly.....
>
> >Any other brilliant ideas?

>
> http://www.aida32.hu/
>
> at the bottom of the page
>
> Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc.
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.lavalys.com
>
> Copyright © 2004 Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc. - All rights reserved.
>
> * You will be automatically redirected to Lavalys web site in 30
> seconds...
>
> * AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
>
>
> Wait the 30 seconds or click the link,
>
> http://www.lavalys.com/
>
>
> Read the page , it says -
>
>
> Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
> Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
> information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC
> users.
>
>
> Me


Yeah, brilliant, f*cking brilliant.

Have you tried to dl this app? I think not.

Been trying all day and the best I get is b/sec not Kb/sec.

At that rate it would take untill this time tomorrow to DL.

BTW, who says that Everest Home is the exact same app as Aida32?

Nprm


 
Reply With Quote
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004
why? wrote:

> X-No-Archive: Yes
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:
>
>>
>> "John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > aida32. Use
>> your favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
>>> know what a search engine is.
>>>
>>> --
>>> -John Holmes-
>>>

>>
>> I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you
>> are about 3 days out of time.

>
> And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something
> else.

<snip>

> Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
> Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
> information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC
> users.
>
>
> Me


Also; Aida32 is still available from a number of sites. For example:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
--
"Old freeware never dies. It just gets harder to find."


 
Reply With Quote
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004
"Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Ltfic.1388$(E-Mail Removed):

>
> "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> X-No-Archive: Yes
>> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > aida32.
>> >Use your favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
>> >> know what a search engine is.
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> -John Holmes-
>> >>
>> >
>> >I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me
>> >you are about 3 days out of time.

>>
>> And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something
>> else.
>>
>> >http://www.aida32.hu/
>> >
>> >* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
>> >
>> >They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

>>
>> Not exactly.....
>>
>> >Any other brilliant ideas?

>>
>> http://www.aida32.hu/
>>
>> at the bottom of the page
>>
>> Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc.
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> http://www.lavalys.com
>>
>> Copyright © 2004 Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc. - All rights
>> reserved.
>>
>> * You will be automatically redirected to Lavalys web site in 30
>> seconds...
>>
>> * AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
>>
>>
>> Wait the 30 seconds or click the link,
>>
>> http://www.lavalys.com/
>>
>>
>> Read the page , it says -
>>
>>
>> Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
>> Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
>> information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for
>> home PC users.
>>
>>
>> Me

>
> Yeah, brilliant, f*cking brilliant.
>
> Have you tried to dl this app? I think not.
>
> Been trying all day and the best I get is b/sec not Kb/sec.
>
> At that rate it would take untill this time tomorrow to DL.
>
> BTW, who says that Everest Home is the exact same app as Aida32?
>
> Nprm


I did a search for aida32+download and found a few sites that have it
archived. Here's one.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004
trout wrote:

> Also; Aida32 is still available from a number of sites. For example:
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html


If "a number of sites" implies that it's getting scarce, I'll stick it on
my freeware page. If it's actually all over the place, I won't bother.
Whatcha think?

--
Blinky Linux Register User 4892F
AOL Diary: (New 4/22) http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
Nigerian Scam From Space http://snipurl.com/iss419
New Windows - Don't Wait For Longhorn! http://snipurl.com/newwin
 
Reply With Quote
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-23-2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:00:27 GMT, Norm wrote:

>
>"why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> X-No-Archive: Yes
>> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > aida32. Use your
>> >favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
>> >> know what a search engine is.
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> -John Holmes-
>> >>
>> >
>> >I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you are
>> >about 3 days out of time.

>>
>> And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something else.
>>
>> >http://www.aida32.hu/
>> >
>> >* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
>> >
>> >They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

>>
>> Not exactly.....
>>
>> >Any other brilliant ideas?

>>
>> http://www.aida32.hu/
>>
>> at the bottom of the page
>>
>> Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc.
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> http://www.lavalys.com
>>
>> Copyright © 2004 Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc. - All rights reserved.
>>
>> * You will be automatically redirected to Lavalys web site in 30
>> seconds...
>>
>> * AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
>>
>>
>> Wait the 30 seconds or click the link,
>>
>> http://www.lavalys.com/
>>
>>
>> Read the page , it says -
>>
>>
>> Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
>> Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
>> information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC
>> users.
>>
>>
>> Me

>
>Yeah, brilliant, f*cking brilliant.


What a moaning git you are.

>Have you tried to dl this app? I think not.


Nope, why should I? It's you looking for some diag info. Besides I
downloaded the last ver of AIDA only 3 weeks ago or so.

>Been trying all day and the best I get is b/sec not Kb/sec.


Complain to your ISP?

Getting 2.2Kb/sec.

>At that rate it would take untill this time tomorrow to DL.
>
>BTW, who says that Everest Home is the exact same app as Aida32?


Nobody exactly,
http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=view&article=8

>Nprm
>


Look for a download mirror, several still have the last version (393
PE).

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inzomia image viewer 3.06 - Free image viewer Fredrik Digital Photography 0 03-09-2006 09:08 PM
slots? SLOTS? tin gherdanarra Python 2 10-13-2005 12:31 AM
making WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX VIEWER default viewer? aaronep@pacbell.net Digital Photography 1 09-16-2005 09:20 AM
text viewer for blackberry or java sources of text viewer jacksgoogle Java 0 05-11-2005 08:29 AM



Advertisments