Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE 6 - Can See Header but No Message body

OE 6 - Can See Header but No Message body

Les Stewart

Had 3 calls since yesterday from customers today who have XP with Outlook
Express 6. They can see message headers in the Inbox and Deleted Items but
cannot see anything in the body of the message. Not even in the old messages
that they have seen before.

No one has brought their computer so I haven't checked one personally. I
advised running an online virus scan but no one has called me back.

Anyone head of this or have any ideas? Maybe a new virus?

Just trying to get a head start in case I get more calls.....

THANKS!!
--
Les Stewart
Beaumont, TX

SgtMinor

Is this you?

Domain Name: NOHOW.COM

Registrant:
NewMall (DTIFRXEFRD)
378-2 Wooam-Dong Sangdang-Gu
Chungju, ChungBuk 360814
KR

Administrative Contact:
HyunJong, Lee (36380629P) http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
378-2 Wooam-Dong Sangdang-Gu
Chungju, ChungBuk 360814
KR
82-43-225-5000

They've been having a lot of problems there (in KR) with that XP OE6.0
combo.

Les Stewart wrote:

> Had 3 calls since yesterday from customers today who have XP with Outlook
> Express 6. They can see message headers in the Inbox and Deleted Items but
> cannot see anything in the body of the message. Not even in the old messages
> that they have seen before.
>
> No one has brought their computer so I haven't checked one personally. I
> advised running an online virus scan but no one has called me back.
>
> Anyone head of this or have any ideas? Maybe a new virus?
>
> Just trying to get a head start in case I get more calls.....
>
> THANKS!!
> --
> Les Stewart
> Beaumont, TX

Les Stewart

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Is this you?
>
> Domain Name: NOHOW.COM

Not me.

--
Les Stewart
Beaumont, TX

Boomer

"Les Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Is this you?
>>
>> Domain Name: NOHOW.COM
>>

> Not me.
>
> --
> Les Stewart
> Beaumont, TX

Then don't abuse someone's domain.

~ Munging ~
http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

If you use Outlook Express go to...
Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
and "Reply address" fields.

Example: (E-Mail Removed)lid

Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

~ Spambots ~
http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail...t/makebait.asp

~ Harvesting ~
http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcasel...arvesting.html

SgtMinor

Les Stewart wrote:

> "SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Is this you?
> >
> > Domain Name: NOHOW.COM
> >

> Not me.
>
> --
> Les Stewart
> Beaumont, TX

Does it bother you at all that you have appropriated a domain name and -
by posting on usenet - are causing spam to be sent to that address?

Check this out: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

Les Stewart

"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote >
> Then don't abuse someone's domain.

Good point, never thought that someone might be using "nohow.com".

It is fixed.
--
Les Stewart
Beaumont, TX

Trent SC

> > Then don't abuse someone's domain.
> >

> Good point, never thought that someone might be using "nohow.com".
>
> It is fixed.

Not really. The way you've set it up will still create traffic on the net.
Better to make up an email address that won't even get past the sender's
ISP. I use (E-Mail Removed)lid, which is guaranteed to fall at the
first hurdle.

Les Stewart

"Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote >
> Not really. The way you've set it up will still create traffic on the

net.
> Better to make up an email address that won't even get past the sender's
> ISP. I use (E-Mail Removed)lid, which is guaranteed to fall at the
> first hurdle.

Makes sense to me. Learn something new every day.

Thanks!

--
Les Stewart
Beaumont, TX

Trent©

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:05:57 -0500, "Les Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Had 3 calls since yesterday from customers today who have XP with Outlook
>Express 6. They can see message headers in the Inbox and Deleted Items but
>cannot see anything in the body of the message. Not even in the old messages
>that they have seen before.
>
>No one has brought their computer so I haven't checked one personally. I
>advised running an online virus scan but no one has called me back.
>
>Anyone head of this or have any ideas? Maybe a new virus?
>
>Just trying to get a head start in case I get more calls.....
>
>THANKS!!

Find out if they installed any updates lately.

Have a nice week...

Trent

What do you call a smart blonde?
A golden retriever.