Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem with delegation from ASP.NET to SQL

Problem with delegation from ASP.NET to SQL

Kelly D. Jones

I'm having a problem retrieving data from our SQL server.

Here's the scenerio:
SQL Server 2000 running on Windows 2000
ASP.NET/IIS 6 (in IIS 6 process mode) running on Win2k3
the client is WinXP/IE 6

All of the machines are in one Active Directory Domain. The user
account is set to allow delegation (the "account is sensitive" is NOT
checked).

The process account that ASP.NET runs as (Domain\Test) is set with
"Trusted for Delegation" turned on.

Impersonation is turned on in the web.config file.

I set up a test page that displays the current security context
(System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurr ent().Name ), which is
the name of the user account I am logged in as.

When I try to fill a datagrid with SQL data, I get the following error:
--
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for
user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

----
Kelly D. Jones
kdjones74_at_hotmail.com