Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > can i have a localised browse image in place of and input type = file

can i have a localised browse image in place of and input type = file

Mathew George

Hello,

i have an html file having a html input button type=file.

I want to replace the default browse text name with some other name if
possible i want to place an image and onclick of the image the file
selection button should be evoked.........can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance.

Mathew

Randy Charles Morin

I don't believe you can do this with the HTML file control with an
inappropriate hack, like overlaying an image using CSS. The HTML file
control is secured (hard to muck with) because it has access to the
local system (something outside of the browser) and this could present
security issues.

Randy
http://www.kbcafe.com