Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HP 840c Inkjet

HP 840c Inkjet

I have tried to print photos and they come out with a violet horizontal mass
about an inch or so then the color is not good at all. Is it the program, I
have several and each one is about the same crummy result. No need to list
the print programs as stated above, very poor results, I have purchased new
ink cartridges, and aligned the printer. Any sugestions, Thanks, Dan

reid decker

I have an HP 842c, the same series as yours. It prints beautifully. Try
going to printer properties if you haven't already. Or clean the contacts
on the cartridges and the holders. Hope this helps.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tried to print photos and they come out with a violet horizontal

mass
> about an inch or so then the color is not good at all. Is it the program,

> have several and each one is about the same crummy result. No need to

list
> the print programs as stated above, very poor results, I have purchased

new
> ink cartridges, and aligned the printer. Any sugestions, Thanks, Dan

Bill Purvis

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tried to print photos and they come out with a violet

horizontal mass
> about an inch or so then the color is not good at all. Is it the

program, I
> have several and each one is about the same crummy result. No need to

list
> the print programs as stated above, very poor results, I have

purchased new
> ink cartridges, and aligned the printer. Any sugestions, Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan
I have had the 830C for about 4 years now. I have found that only the
genuine HP cartridges work well with it. I have tried cheaper
"compatible" cartridges and refilled cartridges but they all gave colour
problems, some similar to yours.
I would also suggest going to the HP website and see if there is an up
to date driver .
Regards
Bill

Bill Purvis

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tried to print photos and they come out with a violet

horizontal mass
> about an inch or so then the color is not good at all. Is it the

program, I
> have several and each one is about the same crummy result. No need to

list
> the print programs as stated above, very poor results, I have

purchased new
> ink cartridges, and aligned the printer. Any sugestions, Thanks, Dan

Have a look here:-

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...&product=59868