Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can .NET & IExplorer well work together?

Can .NET & IExplorer well work together?

zbuilder

I want to know if .NET's UserControl can work well like Java applet or
ActriveX control in the microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Thanks From ZBUILDER.
2003.9.

Aaron Robson

"zbuilder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to know if .NET's UserControl can work well like Java applet or
> ActriveX control in the microsoft's Internet Explorer.
>
> Thanks From ZBUILDER.
> 2003.9.

Hi,

None of the Web Controls or UserControls provide the same type of
functionality as Applets or ActiveX controls. They are all based around Html
and Http Request / Response functionality. Suprisingly, a lot of
functionality can be added in this manner, but if you do need the Server to
push data to the client without polling (ie timer based Request from
client), then the only option available is to embed a Windows Forms control
into the web page. This however requires that a client has the dotnet
framework installed, and last time I tried, there didn't seem to be any drag
and drop way to do this (you have to type!).
Hope this is of help
Aaron Robson

Randy Charles Morin

Sample
http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive109.html
I believe this sample uses UserControl.
Hope I've helped,

Randy
http://www.kbcafe.com

"zbuilder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I want to know if .NET's UserControl can work well like Java applet or
> ActriveX control in the microsoft's Internet Explorer.
>
> Thanks From ZBUILDER.
> 2003.9.

Dino Chiesa [MSFT]

By "hosting the CLR within IE", you can run Windows forms apps, from
dynamically downloaded DLLs.

google for IEHost, or
check out this article
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...l/default.aspx

"zbuilder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to know if .NET's UserControl can work well like Java applet or
> ActriveX control in the microsoft's Internet Explorer.
>
> Thanks From ZBUILDER.
> 2003.9.

RedirectFromLoginPage does not work with IExplorer Dominique ASP .Net 0 05-06-2005 09:29 AM
iexplorer.exe =?Utf-8?B?ZHdzbmw=?= Microsoft Certification 0 01-13-2005 09:13 PM
Hi Whats considered to be a well priced and well reviewed plasma tv 42 inch and above ? Hmmmmmmm DVD Video 8 09-28-2004 09:32 AM
Old file loads in Mozilla, New file in IExplorer Tommy DN Firefox 1 07-04-2004 09:33 AM
Open new iexplorer window Javier Ros ASP .Net 1 07-02-2003 07:14 AM

Advertisments