Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reading newsgroups

Reading newsgroups

Mike X

Where's the best site for instruction on reading newsgroups with Outlook
Express. It seems like the simplest questions are the most difficult, such
as how to read messages older than one month, or how to search archives, if
there is such a thing as archives.

--
Mike X

Toolman Tim

"Mike X" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Np1hc.23718$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where's the best site for instruction on reading newsgroups with Outlook
> Express. It seems like the simplest questions are the most difficult,

such
> as how to read messages older than one month, or how to search archives,

if
> there is such a thing as archives.
>
> --
> Mike X

First thing to read is this: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

There are archives. I go to Google.com for that:

Here's a site with a lot of the acroynms (abreviations) used:
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/tcs/techsupp/acronyms.htm

I'm sure you'll get more replies soon! Have fun...

Toolman

-= Hawk =-

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 04:11:25 GMT, "Mike X" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>Where's the best site for instruction on reading newsgroups with Outlook
>Express. It seems like the simplest questions are the most difficult, such
>as how to read messages older than one month, or how to search archives, if
>there is such a thing as archives.

www.forteinc.com

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

slumpy

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Toolman Tim
decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> "Mike X" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Np1hc.23718$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Where's the best site for instruction on reading newsgroups with
>> Outlook Express. It seems like the simplest questions are the most
>> difficult, such as how to read messages older than one month, or how
>> to search archives, if there is such a thing as archives.
>>
>> --
>> Mike X
>>

> First thing to read is this:
> http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
>
> There are archives. I go to Google.com for that:
> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
>
> Here's a site with a lot of the acroynms (abreviations) used:
> http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/tcs/techsupp/acronyms.htm
>
> I'm sure you'll get more replies soon! Have fun...

Not often you get someone who asks the most obvious nooby question either

--
slumpy
no more

Trent SC

> Where's the best site for instruction on reading newsgroups with Outlook
> Express. It seems like the simplest questions are the most difficult,

such
> as how to read messages older than one month, or how to search archives,

if
> there is such a thing as archives.

Try pressing the F1 key on your keyboard.